By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - famitsu reviews, FIRST HALO REVIEW

I will admit this is copied right off of GAF, thank you duckroll from GAF.  I just found it interesting the first review we get for Halo is from famitsu. 

Tamagotchi 7/6/6/6
Quiz DS 7/6/6/5
Keroro 5/6/5/6
Wagan Midnight PSP 6/6/7/6
Coded Arms PSP 8/7/7/7
The Puzzle Quest 8/7/8/8
Legend of Heroes 6 SC 7/7/7/7

Angel Profile 6/6/6/4
BLEACH 7/7/7/7
Bass Fishing Wii 6/7/6/4
Boku to Sims no Machi 8/7/8/7
Kekaishi 7/6/6/6
Agalest Senki 6/7/6/5
Halo 3 10/9/9/9

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

WOW a great review

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

Just about everything else is tripe this week :)

From memory, Famitsu gave Halo1 as 37/40 (either that or a 36/40).

Good score regardless - pity it didn't hit 40/40, wonder if they would have set Japan alight...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

it's a very high score, but I wouldn't put too much into a game like halo being reviewed by japanese reviewers. still a good sign though.

nice score... especially considering its from japan

Around the Network

Famitsu scores don't matter to me; they gave pokemon mystery dungeon 2 a 36 or something... Not that Halo 3 isn't good mind.

routsounmanman said:
Famitsu scores don't matter to me; they gave pokemon mystery dungeon 2 a 36 or something... Not that Halo 3 isn't good mind.

and you've played pokemon mystery dungeon 2?  Seriously it's one thing to complain about games you've played but it's another to complain about something you know nothing about.

I think Blue Dragon got a 37 from Famitsu as well, and it DEFINITELY shifted consoles for Microsoft. The simple fact is most Japanese dont like FPS, but those that do will certainly take notice of this. This also bodes well for the West, helping to put to rest any anti-microsoft Fanboys speculation that Halo 3 might suck

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Blah, was never a chance that Halo 3 would suck. Same chance that GT5 would suck, or Brawl or Galaxy would suck.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
Blah, was never a chance that Halo 3 would suck. Same chance that GT5 would suck, or Brawl or Galaxy would suck.

Exactly, I'm interested in review scores for Lair, Heavenly Sword, BioShock, Boogie, etc. but who cares about Halo 3 (or Brawl or Galaxy or even Mass Effect) reviews.  They are pretty much guaranteed to be 90+, it's just a question of how far above 90.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick