By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero: Van Halen officially confirmed

Link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6209273.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

RedOctane's Kai Huang confirms long-rumored next band-centric installment of series will arrive in second half of year; Queen, Weezer, Blink 182, The Offspring, and Queens of the Stone Age also on setlist.

Activision has finally made official what has been widely rumored ever since March 2005. The next band-based Guitar Hero game will focus on Van Halen, the legendary hard rock quartet anchored by guitarist Eddie Van Halen and his drummer brother Alex. From the 1970s to 1990s, the group topped the charts under two different lead singers, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. (Sorry, Gary Cherone.)

The executive went on to explain Activision's big-picture approach to band-focused Guitar Hero games. "Our previous two artist [focused] titles, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and Guitar Hero: Metallica, have done really well in the marketplace," said Huang. "But it's our desire to go beyond just individual band games, and to compliment that with artists the bands are really inspired by and that they themselves select to be in this game. The same is true of Van Halen."

Around the Network

cool

frist day buy for me

ctk495 said:

Link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6209273.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

RedOctane's Kai Huang confirms long-rumored next band-centric installment of series will arrive in second half of year; Queen, Weezer, Blink 182, The Offspring, and Queens of the Stone Age also on setlist.

Activision has finally made official what has been widely rumored ever since March 2005. The next band-based Guitar Hero game will focus on Van Halen, the legendary hard rock quartet anchored by guitarist Eddie Van Halen and his drummer brother Alex. From the 1970s to 1990s, the group topped the charts under two different lead singers, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. (Sorry, Gary Cherone.)

The executive went on to explain Activision's big-picture approach to band-focused Guitar Hero games. "Our previous two artist [focused] titles, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and Guitar Hero: Metallica, have done really well in the marketplace," said Huang. "But it's our desire to go beyond just individual band games, and to compliment that with artists the bands are really inspired by and that they themselves select to be in this game. The same is true of Van Halen."

The reason why i dont buy GH games cause every few months a new one comes out.

queen on the setlist nice =p

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Wonder if we'll ever get a GH:Def Lepard. Not too big on VH myself.

Around the Network

For me, can't top Guitar Hero: Metallica... unless it's Guitar Hero: Metallica 2.

lets see there makeing guitar hero 5 ,van halen ,smash hits ,dj hero and band hero

NinjaBlade360 said:
lets see there makeing guitar hero 5 ,van halen ,smash hits ,dj hero and band hero

DJ hero would be a good one.

ctk495 said:

Queen

HOLY CRAP!

My favourite band ever...I may think of it.

Too bad I'm still waiting for a proper Guitar Hero: Queen. I guess that there was too much awesomeness so thay are actually having a hard time developing it.

Please, let it be You're My Best Friend!

Nevermind