By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should reviewers be forced to re-review games?

I was looking at the reviews for SOCOM: Confrontation, and most are outdated in the sense that they all complain of lag and bugs that are largely solved now - shouldn't these be updated or is it the developpers fault?

I mean, a 4/10 from Destructoid describes it as, "The latency, disconnects, freezing, and generally poor structure cripples the game’s ability to deliver its characteristic style of play."

A 4.5/10 from IGN says, "You can tell that the potential of the game is there in theory, but its current incarnation is completely and tragically flawed"

Do you think they could spend some time updating these scores, or for any game that has an update along the way that solves issues?

Around the Network

no, if i remember correctly a site got into alot of bad press because they were going back and rereviewing games and that made people mad

well the game shouldn't have been broken to begin with

they should add an update to the end, but they have no financial reason to do so. They write reviews to bring in traffic. By the time these updates come out the vast majority of people who are interested in their review have already read it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It's always been my belief that games should be reviewed in the state they are released.

If you rereview for good things shouldn't I rereview old game once they are graphically obsolete as well?

Around the Network

Waste of time for reviewers really, would create far more work for them. Game should be reviewed in their launch state. A lot publishers would then want reviewers to go back and review older games that have been updated with DLC & Patches for  the press.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Sure, but only after around 2 weeks after launch (ample time to fix controls or whatever that made the game bad, plus the reviewer would still get hits)

reviewing months/years old games certainly doesn't make much sense.

I think all reviewers should be forced to re-review Ninja Breadman. Daily.

No, I think it's good at punishing developers for launching an unfinished game, especially if it's for a franchise of a standard like SOCOM.

That's the problem I have with patches, sure it's nice to fix bugs, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

if they did tf2 and l4d would get far better scores... but no that would be unessecary.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)