By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down

[Source Shacknews]

Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down

May 06, 2009 6:22pm CST tags: Duke Nukem Forever
A very reliable source close to Duke Nukem Forever developer 3D Realms today confirmed to Shacknews that the company has been shut down.

The closure came about as a result of funding issues, our source explained, with the shut down said to affect both 3D Realms and the recently resurrected Apogee name. Employees of both companies have already been let go.

Phone calls and e-mails to various 3D Realms veterans have thus far gone unanswered, with publishing partner Take-Two likewise unavailable for comment.

3D Realms was founded in 1987 by Scott Miller and George Broussard. The company had infamously been working on Duke Nukem Forever over the past 13 years.

Around the Network

Very sad if true.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

what am i gonna tell my gran kids now? when they go to the game shop looking for their newly released copy of duke nukem forever

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

wow....if this is true I wonder whats gonna happen to the Duke Nukem franchise...

jpain333 said:
wow....if this is true I wonder whats gonna happen to the Duke Nukem franchise...

Get finished?

Around the Network

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I WAITING FOR DUKE NUKEM FOREVER SINCE 1997!!!!!!!!!! I STILL HAVE THAT PC GAMER MAGAZINE WITH THE WORLD EXCLUSIVE REVEALING!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes... I'm sad.... :(

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

There is not even a post about this on the 3drealm website forum or anything. I refuse to believe it until they post it on there website

Duke Nukem: No more

Thats... depressing. I didn't actually like the Duke Nukem games.... but it's always sad when a company goes down before it can release its games.

rckrz6 said:
There is not even a post about this on the 3drealm website forum or anything. I refuse to believe it until they post it on there website

Why would anyone still work on the website when you are fired? >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)