By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - De Blob 2 announced at E3 ?

The company’s product strategy focuses on 1) developing a select number of high quality owned intellectual properties targeted at the core gamer, such as Saints Row® 2 and the upcoming Red Faction®: Guerrilla™ and Darksiders™; 2) extending THQ’s leadership in the fighting category with such brands as WWE and Ultimate Fighting Championship; 3) reinvigorating the product portfolio and improving profitability in the company’s kids business; 4) building strong mass appeal/family game franchises like de Blob®, Drawn to Life® and Big Beach Sports™; and 5) extending successful brands into emerging online markets with games such as Company of Heroes® Online and the company’s Warhammer® 40,000™ MMORPG.

Frankly its insulting that De Blob isn't defined as high quality and it is certainly core minded. A----holes

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

Hope so, the first one was original and fun. De Blob 2--paint the town red! HARDCORE EDITION!

^_^ 

I'd guess they'd rename Inkies to Bloodies.

Pixel Art can be fun.

megaman79 said:

The company’s product strategy focuses on 1) developing a select number of high quality owned intellectual properties targeted at the core gamer, such as Saints Row® 2 and the upcoming Red Faction®: Guerrilla™ and Darksiders™; 2) extending THQ’s leadership in the fighting category with such brands as WWE and Ultimate Fighting Championship; 3) reinvigorating the product portfolio and improving profitability in the company’s kids business; 4) building strong mass appeal/family game franchises like de Blob®, Drawn to Life® and Big Beach Sports™; and 5) extending successful brands into emerging online markets with games such as Company of Heroes® Online and the company’s Warhammer® 40,000™ MMORPG.

Frankly its insulting that De Blob isn't defined as high quality and it is certainly core minded. A----holes

It's just a label. Thicken your skin.

As for de Blob, I'm pretty sure it's destined for franchisedom, but I'm not sure if I want it to be an annual release. I'd be just fine if they release the sequel in 2010. That being said, TheRepublic is right. THQ needs money and it needs reliable franchises, so it's probably best for business if they push out another Blob as soon as possible.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.