By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New VC Consoles!!!! Turbo CD and Super CD titles!!

@http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/09182007/14/confirmed_nintendo_wii_vc_goes_both_turbo_and_super_cd

"The rumors last week were true -- the Wii Virtual Console will be welcoming two new platforms to the mix.

Hudson has officially revealed that both Turbo CD and Super CD titles are going to be made available on the Nintendo Wii VC.

The staggered release starts first in Japan, where gamers will be able to start downloading the classics in October for 800 Points a pop. North America is next, but no specific date was mentioned by the company.

According to Japan's Impress Watch, the first titles scheduled to hit will be the action-RPG Ys Book I & II and the shooter Chou Aniki.

Although Nintendo hasn't said anything, these CD titles take up quite a bit of space. Perhaps an HD add-on will be announced before then, or at least they could open up the SD slot as an option for gameplay."

As the article hints, this is more proof that Nintendo may finally add USB HDD support. 

Around the Network

How about systems with good games. I mean, Sega CD?! How about Saturn, Gamegear, or those Neo Geo games already?

Chou Aniki? I doubt that will ever cross the ocean.

Oh yes, Chou Aniki! o/

In case anyone doesn't recognise the name, it's this series. The gamse vary from shmup to 2d vs fighter, and they contain some of the worst caricatures of homosexuals I've ever seen.

They're also kind of awesome in a weird way. I have the fighting game on an emulator, and it's got some of the weirdest characters this side of Guilty Gear. =P

But yeah, getting those long ago-promised Neo Geo and Saturn games would be nice too...

This is nice, if only because people can finally play Ys I and II and realize that it sucks.

Saturn would be nice, but I'm struggling to come up with games for Neo Geo and Sega CD I'd actually want to play. There's already a Metal Slug collection, and I'm not a fan of fighting games, so Neo Geo is pretty much DOA for me. For Sega CD, I came up with Sonic CD, Snatcher, andf the Lunar games.

Around the Network

Hell, you know what this means?

Akumajo Dracula X with its original soundtrack! Yeah!

WindJammers on the Neo Geo was sweet.

Well we're all just waiting for Nintendo to announce hard drive support... What would be nice was if they did this in time for the NiGHTS release. Because I'm sure there are a lot of gamers out there who would love to have a chance to play the original first.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Turbo Engine? You mean, the "Castlevania: Rondo of Blood" Turbo Engine? Or am I confusing systems?

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

MontanaHatchet said:
How about systems with good games. I mean, Sega CD?! How about Saturn, Gamegear, or those Neo Geo games already?

They do have good games. They were just mostly in Japan.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs