By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who here hates mario?

Whoa
Wait what?
Ok Mario is like the father of gaming characters
How could you hate him?

i do indeed think the creator of Mario was on some serious weed though. goombas? bullet bills? some crazy ass creatures in the games lol

Around the Network
Bokal said:
I don't really hate Mario.

I hate Mario's universe and how it became a gaming icon, while being so ridiculously stupid.

Come on, guys, Italian plumber rescuing a princess jumping on mushrooms, turtles, flowers spitting fireballs... etc...

As "fun" as the gameplay can be, the childishly stupid universe ruins it all for me. And seeing 35 years old people praising this universe and its icon Mario really depresses me. Really.

It's really sad to see how some people have killed their inner child.

Signature goes here!

Jboy0990 said:

Whoa
Wait what?
Ok Mario is like the father of gaming characters
How could you hate him?

i do indeed think the creator of Mario was on some serious weed though. goombas? bullet bills? some crazy ass creatures in the games lol

I doubt it was weed.  Shrooms and acid maybe.  Perhaps just a fantastic unrestricted imagination.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Mario = Hardcore = Gospel = Nuff said.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Without Mario, the video game landscape would be much different than it is today. Even if you don't enjoy playing Mario games, to 'hate' the series like you seem to is contradictory to the fact that you enjoy video games. I think it is possible to not enjoy playing a game, but to at least appreciate the positive impact the series has had on gaming as a whole (that would be the mature way to look at it). On the other hand, just 'hating' the series outright without any real reason is pretty childish and narrow minded, and is probably more to get attention than anything else.

Around the Network

yeah me to i dont like mario much i liked him in the 80s and mid 90s but its getting old now i never like Zelda by the way

Play Me

Calling all Mega Mario Movement members into action!

Words Of Wisdom said:
You don't hate Mario, you hate his success.

You hate the fact that the majority of the world recognizes him and his games more than your favorite video games and their stars.

Even worse, you probably feel threatened by his success and each great hit is another poignant reminder that he's crushing games as well as consoles you'd like to see succeed into the ground.

Still, you shouldn't hate Mario though. He's just a nice little plumber who ends up in a lot of great games.

This guy dropped a gem of a reply.  To people who dislike Mario, honestly ask yourself this:  "If I wasn't a hater, would I like this game?"

BLASPHEMY! May God have Mercy on your Soul

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Your not along!!......SONY FANBOYS UNITE!!!!