By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official The Legendary Starfy Hype Thread.

That's right folks, the Legendary Starfy is finally making its way to the US for the first time in over 7 years.  This is a very joyous event and every owner of a DS should be looking this title.  The Legendary Stafy is set for release in North America on June 8th, 2009.

QaA

Who's developing Starfy?

Starfy is a series of games developed TOSE and published by Nintendo.  Known for working on and developing titles such as Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop, Super Princess Peach, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, and porting titles such as Final Fantasy IV DS and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth; Starfy is the only franchise TOSE owns along with Nintendo.

What genre is Starfy?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densetsu_no_Stafy_(series)

The genre of the series is a special kind of platform game called "marine platform", due to the game being more about swimming than running and jumping around. Players control the protagonist of the series, Starfy, throughout each game (sometimes Stapy in the third, fourth and fifth titles of the series). When on land, the controls are equal to the controls of most other platform games. When in the water, players can only move Starfy around using the control pad alone; however, if players want to make Starfy swim faster, they hold the A button down while moving him around. The games are usually comprised of multiple stages or worlds, with each stage split up into four sub-stages. Boss characters hide at the end of each world's final sub-stage. Most of the other sub-stages' goals are centered around retrieving a lost or stolen item for another character. Most power-ups are vehicles and costumes, some are new moves and some are upgrades for moves and other power-ups.

Who is Starfy(character)?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densetsu_no_Stafy_(series)

Starfy (スタフィー Sutafī?) is the protagonist of the series. He is 7 years old and is 36cm (14.2in; 1ft, 2.2in) tall, and is a relatively easy-going, friendly character to get along with. He is a star, who lives in the Pufftop Palace (known in Japan as the Tenkai Palace, which literally means "Sky Sea Palace" in Japanese), and he is thought to be a starfish after falling in the ocean. Starfy can speak, but is often portrayed as being able to say "Fee!".

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

What's with all these awesome DS games coming out all of a sudden?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Woulda been nice if they didn't wait until the 5th game to take it out of Japan, but it's still good that one if finally coming.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

ChichiriMuyo said:
Woulda been nice if they didn't wait until the 5th game to take it out of Japan, but it's still good that one if finally coming.

I can't wait.. but hey. Nintendo has done worse..

Pixel Art can be fun.

Im gettin this game day 1

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Im gettin this game day 1

I'm glad someone is.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Hype!

I love a good platformer, and this seems to have similar charm to my beloved Kirby. Plus one of the games has a Wario cameo!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

answer me this. Why did they change the awesome name of Stafy to Starfy? I know he is shaped like a Star, but I've known about him for years and they changed his name on me

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
answer me this. Why did they change the awesome name of Stafy to Starfy? I know he is shaped like a Star, but I've known about him for years and they changed his name on me

You answered ur own question.  But i agree, Stafy just sounds so much more awesome  :D

So who's preordering this?

Pixel Art can be fun.