By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN's Indiana Jones Preview

Pretty positive. They say the Indy atmosphere is intact, and while the brawling controls can be a little sketchy, the flight  controls work rather well. The co-op mode is intriguing news. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/979/979695p1.html

On paper, it's hard not to roll your eyes at Staff of Kings, with its focus on Wii's notoriously unreliable motion controls for every major interaction – whether that's whip-cracking, fist-fighting or even puzzling-solving. However, on evidence, the game's something of a rarity – being a third-party offering that successfully integrates motion controls as a core component in a way that actually adds to the overall experience.

While it's clearly pitched at a more mainstream audience, Staff of Kings appears to do a grand job of recreating that irresistible Indy magic. Factor in an entirely separate story-driven, two-player co-op mode – which LucasArts is staying tight-lipped about for the moment – plus the full version of classic point-and-click adventure Fate of Atlantis once you've completed the game, and we're surprisingly optimistic about the game's arrival come June.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I was looking at this as a rental for my PS2. But if blockbuster or another local video store doesn't haven't it for rent, i'm not buying it.

Another must have June game for me. What's that now... four games? Goodness me, it's gonna be a long summer...

Seriously though, I need this game. It sounds like an absolute blast.