By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga Release Scheduled XSEED

Source: http://www.honestgamers.com/news.php?article_id=4186&platform=Wii&abr=&gametitle=Valhalla+Knights%3A+Eldar+Saga

XSEED Games today announced that Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga for Wii is currently in development and scheduled for release in North America in summer 2009. Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga is the third installment of the popular action RPG and marks the first time the title will be available on a home console. The Valhalla Knights series has previously been available on the PlayStation®Portable system.

Enter into an epic tale that has endured for generations and generations. For centuries the land of Eldar has been synonymous with chaos and destruction; a place where monsters prey freely and demons wreak havoc, indiscriminate in their attacks. Legend tells of how, ages past, a being known as the Spirit King gained control of the creatures and waged an unrelenting war upon civilization. Order and life were brought to the brink of destruction, but an alliance of the four races was able to drive them back and seal the evil. Centuries have passed since that time, but once again the lands are slowly being overrun by the reemerging monsters. With the continent giving way to madness, a hero must come forth to reunite the races and confront the relentless enemy. And so the saga continues…

”We are looking forward to delivering the Valhalla Knights series to console gamers,” said Jun Iwasaki, President of XSEED Games. “Eldar Saga is a fantastic extension of the Valhalla Knights world/universe/story, and will offer a unique and engaging experience that is sure to please the Wii fans.”

Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga is an action RPG available exclusively on Wii. It is the follow up title to the original Valhalla Knights and Valhalla Knights 2, and expands upon the series by introducing a new online feature that allows two players to adventure through the land of Eldar co-operatively. Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga continues the series trademark of no random encounters while updating the real-time battle system to now include battles taking place on the world map instead of a separate battle screen for a seamless experience.

XSEED Games partnered with Marvelous Entertainment USA to secure the North America rights to publish and distribute Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga. This title is being developed by K2 and KUROGANE and will be available during summer 2009 exclusively for Wii.

Press release posted by Jason Venter (May 02, 2009)*

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I already posted this but whatever this game needs more recognition anyway

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Darn you griffinA V_V

I added a screen, I hope that makes up for it. =(

yes the screen is a nice touch.

OT: Im really excited for this game, I've been dying for a Western-like RPG on wii and I think this and Monster Hunter is as close as I'm gonna get.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

I know what you mean, I'm happy I'll have my mitts on this game this year.

Honestly Marvelous was making it sound like a 2010 release for America, with how they treated Rune Factory.

They probably see this game as a bigger venture.

I wouldn't mind 2 player Co-op offline and 4 player online.

As far as MHTri goes, the jury is still out; If the Capcom greed machine goes into full swing, I wouldn't touch that murk with a 40 foot pole.

Around the Network

can't wait for this game!

please, no early Summer if you don't want it to flop, we've got to many good Wii things

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

No info on a Eu release ?

EU this november

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia