By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Consoles that came in first place-Nintendo: 3, Sony 2, Microsoft:0

melbye said:
Since N64 sold more than Saturn and GCN sold more than Dreamcast nintendo has never had a loser

ummm ever heard of the virtual boy?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
melbye said:
Since N64 sold more than Saturn and GCN sold more than Dreamcast nintendo has never had a loser

While the virutal boy was a loser in almost every sense of the word, it was not the worst selling hand held of its gen.

it wasn't a handheld either.

It was just a different system, using different ideas.

And I still doubt it sold more than the sega one.

theprof00 said:
melbye said:

What did the VB compete against?  Was it the lowest selling like device of a generation?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I purposely tried to limit the thread to home consoles so there would be no need to dig in the crates for every friggan handheld or add on or MP3 player etc. ever created.

Around the Network

well it competed for money. There was really nothing else like it, but it took some sales from sega and other consoles.

I think it was pretty much the worst selling thing of all time, maybe even worse than the SuperTurboGrafx16

Squilliam said:
Number of consoles in last place:

Nintendo: 1, Sony: 1, Microsoft: 0

Actaully only 1st place counts. 2nd and 3rd are both losers.

And while Microsoft DID sold more consles last gen than Nintendo, Nintendo actaully made PROFIT unlike Microsoft.

So, number of consoles made profit:

Nintendo: All (expect Virtual Boy) Sony:3  MIcrosoft 0

So I guess this gen is officially over after only 2 1/2 years (Wii/PS3) or 3 1/2 years (360).

Its not over yet, the PS3 will be selling for 10 years (just like the PS2) and the Wii and 360 won't because they will release new consoles in the next few years and stop supporting their current consoles.

I still believe with Sony's 10 year plan they could win, or at least cut the gap massively and come second.

Right now for wins: Nintendo 2, Sony 2, Atari 1 ;), everyone else 0.

When did sony console come in last, except ps3?

Sega never won either.