By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the most underrated/overrated mario game????

Easily to me, mario sunshine. That game took all of the great success from mario 64, and completly revisioned it while remaining to the original forumla. I played it through almost 7 games and is one of my favorite games to date. It was underrated because it didn't sell as good as the others.

The most overrated, imo, has to be galaxy.  All they did was take mario 64, cut, copy, and paste it to a wii disk and added space. It was pretty dull to me mostly because all the other marios (besides sunshine) had the exact same storyline. Thats not to say it was a bad game, just that its the most overrated in my book.

Your most underrated/overrated mario game???

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Most overrated has to be World. It felt like 3 in 16-bit to me.

Most underrated, if we're including RPG's, has to be Partners in Time. It's easily better than Superstar Saga.

If not, Sunshine and Mario 2 are pretty underrated.

Pixel Art can be fun.

ya partners in time was a great game

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:

Easily to me, mario sunshine. That game took all of the great success from mario 64, and completly revisioned it while remaining to the original forumla. I played it through almost 7 games and is one of my favorite games to date. It was underrated because it didn't sell as good as the others.

The most overrated, imo, has to be galaxy.  All they did was take mario 64, cut, copy, and paste it to a wii disk and added space. It was pretty dull to me mostly because all the other marios (besides sunshine) had the exact same storyline. Thats not to say it was a bad game, just that its the most overrated in my book.

Seriously... SERIOUSLY!? Did i honestly just read this. Did somebody just praise Sunshine for "revisioning" Super Mario 64, and then go on to say that Super Mario Galaxy is just a "copy and paste" of SM64 with "added space"? One thing i do agree with you is that Galaxy felt a lot closer to 64 than Sunshine did, i guess that's one reason it trounced Sunshine.

I really don't understand some people ya know. How on earth is Sunshine underrated, everywhere i go i see people saying how it's their favourite and how they like it more than X game and so forth. I hear more people say they liked Sunshine more than many other mario titles. This is the game that's supposedly underrated? I bet if i went around asking what everybody's favourite Mario game is the majority would go for Sunshine.

Most overrated has to be World.

No SmokedHostage, it isn't. ;)

All that aside. I'm tempted to say Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour is underrated, but i guess its just the longevity that's really underrated, it is the longest and hardest GC game to complete.

Let me tell you one game that gets nothing but bullshit... Super Paper Mario. This game gets nothing but redicule, there are those who appreciate this title, and then there are the RPG fanboys who start moaning and groaning, constantly comparing it to TTYD and criticising  every aspect of the game simply because it isn't a turn based RPG and this is unnacceptable to them.

Overrated? No Mario game is overrated.

How technical is your game?