By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If it does end up being Forza vs GT5 at Christmas (I know how original)

A multi-plat GTA IV has done 5.5 million on the PS3, your silly to think GT5 will only double prologue number.

Around the Network

GT5 Prologue outsold GT4 Prologue, right? This is indeed like comparing Halo to Killzone, there's no question as to which one will sell more.

RPG said:
A multi-plat GTA IV has done 5.5 million on the PS3, your silly to think GT5 will only double prologue number.

I dont think there will be as many previous GT owners buying GT5. I own every GT game up to 4. I wont be in a rush to buy it. Not now I have played other games on the market that do the same thing. I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought.

Halo 3 butchered Killzone 2 in terms of sales, at best Killzone 2 will do 3 million and that is with bundling. Forza 2 was not butchered in comparison to GT4, not sure how many of those Forza 2 sales were pack in's though.

Selnor there are always people ready to replace those whom do not buy a game, the 3 million people whom purchased GT5 prologue were all not old to the franchise you know. This will the first flagship GT game for many, I never purchased that crap GT5 prologue but will be there day one for GT5.

RPG said:
Halo 3 butchered Killzone 2 in terms of sales, at best Killzone 2 will do 3 million and that is with bundling. Forza 2 was not butchered in comparison to GT4, not sure how many of those Forza 2 sales were pack in's though.

Good point.

I still think GT5 will outsell Forza 3 by about 2 mill LT.

Unless Forza 3 blows us all away graphically and looks better than GT5, then it could be different. M$ would market the sh*t out of it then. Saying that Turn 10 have already commented that they have achieved this. :)

Around the Network

Eh don't kid yourself mate, one thing I can say is that GT5 will graphically look better than Forza 3. Turn 10 has a smaller studio, smarrer budget (think so at least) and less time to make the game. Graphically Forza 3 will not surpass GT5, I will be shocked if Forza 3 looks as good as GT5 prologue being perfectly honest let alone the full game.

Contrary to popular belief PD have not been sitting on there asses since Spec III, the game is being improved and assume one way is graphically.

Squilliam said:
I don't know why people are saying destroy for Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5. Destroy for me is someone doing a KZ2 vs Halo 3 sales comparison where the difference is between 4-5* total sales between them.

As for sales numbers, I expect Forze 3 to sell between 3-4 million LTD and Gran Turismo to sell between 6-8M LTD.

My reasoning is that Forza 2 has already released and captured a greater proportion of the more casual racing fans who may never feel the need to buy another sim for a long time for Forza 3 numbers.

For GT5 the userbase is much smaller, some of the fans are quite happy with their Xbox 360 and Forza 2/3 already and the PS3's sales aren't growing as quickly. Also I don't think Sony will bundle the game as quickly as some previous iterations.

If someone owns two consoles they can surely own two racing games. Think about it. 

No official dates for release,
this thread is pointless.

BUT Forza is NO match for Gran Turismo.
If Forza 3 comes BEFORE Gran Turismo 5, it will have good sales if AFTER, then on level between Forza 1 / Forza 2.

Though, GT5P probably took some GT5 sales.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

It is a good time for racing fans.

Goodness me things are getting so so interesting now:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.eu.playstation.com%2Fplaystationeu%2Fboard%2Fmessage%3Fboard.id%3D83%26thread.id%3D15351&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=

I went on the Japanese forums myself to check it out and he was right about WKC some time ago, looks like it will be Forza 3 vs GT5. December 1st is said to be the WW release date so looks like Turn 10 need to release Forza 3 by September.