By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If it does end up being Forza vs GT5 at Christmas (I know how original)

Forza will sell well but I don't see it pushing consoles. Those who want it will have a 360 - mostly anyway

Gt5 should sell better, and it can I believe shift consoles. The only issue will be price/economy at that point.

On paper GT5 should outsell it by miles. But it could be closer - but really lower GT5 sales would be down to price issues / install base with PS3.

Given sales of GT5:P though I'd be really surprised if GT5 didn't exceed Forza sales.

If I was Sony I'd only release GT5 after FFXIII has already driven more PS3 sales in Japan - and probably to a lesser extent Others. That should ensure GT5 has all the install base / PS3 momentum needed to sell very well.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

In order for Forza 3 to beat GT5 it got to do good in Japan. Forza 2 did bad in Japan. GT5 will be the better game and it will sell more. GT5 don't need damage. If it's not broke don't fix it.

Not really, NA could easily make up for Japan numbers. Prologue sold .66 million in Japan however last year was for a period of time bundled quite heavily. GT5 should break 1 million in Japan me thinks but nothing like 1.5+ million.

According to fudzilla the release date for Forza 3 is 2009...

Tease.

well i dont buy games because of thier sales.

gt5 will be of a much higher quality title than forza 3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
madskillz said:
I think GT5 will outsell Forza 3, but not at the levels people think it will. Look at GT4 - and to an install base of over 125M, it sold 9M. That's less than 10%. I think it's going to be a lot closer.

Look at Prologue - and look at the Forza 2 numbers. Yeah, Forza 2 was bundled, but even then, look at the disc numbers. If anyone has an accurate download number, and I am not believe anything SDF related.

In the end, I think both games, if done right, will have great numbers.

So how do you explain GT3 A-Spec selling ~ 15 Million on a smaller install Base? >_>

You'll see in about 5 weeks and the question will be answered rather emphatically.

Skeeuk said:
well i dont buy games because of thier sales.

gt5 will be of a much higher quality title than forza 3

No it won't. I love how people feel the need to differentiate between AAA series.

blazinhead89 said:
madskillz said:
I think GT5 will outsell Forza 3, but not at the levels people think it will. Look at GT4 - and to an install base of over 125M, it sold 9M. That's less than 10%. I think it's going to be a lot closer.

Look at Prologue - and look at the Forza 2 numbers. Yeah, Forza 2 was bundled, but even then, look at the disc numbers. If anyone has an accurate download number, and I am not believe anything SDF related.

So how do you explain GT3 A-Spec selling ~ 15 Million on a smaller install Base? >_>

Well lets see, GTA 3 < GTA VC < GTA SA as the install base increases

GT3 > GT4 as the userbase increases.

Answer? Bundles on a fast selling system!!!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
blazinhead89 said:
madskillz said:

Well lets see, GTA 3

GT3 > GT4 as the userbase increases.

Answer? Bundles on a fast selling system!!!

Or people are more likely to buy the first iteration on a new gen of consoles. Eg MGS2 >>>>MGS3 , or GT3 >>>> GT4 . Unless of course their is a significant upgrade in the game eg SA >>> GTA3