By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If it does end up being Forza vs GT5 at Christmas (I know how original)

The Forza games have quality wise been right up there with GT, not as good as GT but will leave that for another day. At least in NA I expect Forza 3 to beat GT5 in terms of sales but in Japan and EU GT5 should wipe the floor with Forza 3.

I would think GT5 will do 1 million week one in NA alone however think Forza 3 should do 1 million WW first week.

Around the Network

I think GT5 will outsell Forza 3, but not at the levels people think it will. Look at GT4 - and to an install base of over 125M, it sold 9M. That's less than 10%. I think it's going to be a lot closer.

Look at Prologue - and look at the Forza 2 numbers. Yeah, Forza 2 was bundled, but even then, look at the disc numbers. If anyone has an accurate download number, and I am not believe anything SDF related.

In the end, I think both games, if done right, will have great numbers.

Killzowned said:
Gran Turismo will destroy Forza in sales and quality.

you don't know that...

RPG said:

My guess is that GT5 will do in a year what Forza 3 will do in a lifetime in terms of sales.

GT as a series will suffer from GT5's release on the struggling PS3 (relative to previous releases).

But this line here essentially answered your own question.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

WhiteDevil said:
GT5 cause its GT and there known as the better racing game. *runs from starcraft*

But not the better simulator.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Killzowned said:

you don't know that...

But given what history shows GT being of higher quality is the educated guess. 

Yamauchi is a perfectionist.

But my opinion =/= fact so would be nice for the input of other people.

BTW I expect GT5 to do 6 million first year, if a multi-plat GTA IV can do 5.56 million I do not see why GT5 will not crack 6 million first year.

RPG said:
But my opinion =/= fact so would be nice for the input of other people.

BTW I expect GT5 to do 6 million first year, if a multi-plat GTA IV can do 5.56 million I do not see why GT5 will not crack 6 million first year.

It doesn't have the following. That's why. If the other GTs managed their numbers with at least 3-4 times the size, and the PS3 isn't near them, based on past stats, why would it do those kinds of numbers?

Oh noez looks like madskillz is one of those higher install base = higher sales people. You need to learn about market saturation which is simply that attach rate decreases a huge amount of the number of sales increase.

If indeed install base = sales games like FFX would not have outsold FFXII since the latter released on a higher install base.

twingo said:
yo_john117 said:
Killzowned said:

you don't know that...

But given what history shows GT being of higher quality is the educated guess. 

Yamauchi is a perfectionist.

2. Playstation 2: Gran Turismo 4 (2005) 89 
Sony Computer Entertainment America

3. Playstation 3: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (2008) 80 
Sony Computer Entertainment

6. Playstation 2: Gran Turismo 4: Prologue (2004) 70 

5. Playstation 3: Gran Turismo HD Concept (2006) 82 

9. Playstation 2: Gran Turismo Concept 2002: Tokyo-Geneva (2002) 74 
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

what? >_>