By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Nintendo made a mature title?

diamuerto said: You know, I'm not trying to diss you or anything Death2009, but it's really hard to take your perspective on mature games seriously. I say this because a guy who watches something as immature(didn't say it sucked) as wrestling is hard believe.
Immature? To you, but I happen to enjoy it. I have used many words to describe wrestling over my years watching, from boring to stupid and yes at points it sucked; but I have never felt it was immature. The content is far from it. I guess you don't watch it at all.

Around the Network

BenKenobi88 said: Oh I've played my fair share of WWE and Madden. And have you ever played Super Smash Bros Melee?
Yes, I have been playing mario ever since day 1 on the original nintendo. I just got sick of the same content over and over. I didn't find melee all that good either. You can like it, I never said you couldn't or there is anything wrong with you for it, I just happen to hate them. Play what you want, it doesn't affect me on any level.

Nah man, the reason I stopped watching wrestling was because I thought it was immature. And once again were getting our definitions of mature mixed up again. I think your saying it's mature because it has fighting, muscles, and blood. The problem is the way they portray it. See my definition of fighting, muscles, and blood(mature) would be more like UFC.

C'mon Death you didn't even like Melee. That game was amazing. It didn't even have to be about Nintendo, it was just plain good and fun.

diamuerto said: Nah man, the reason I stopped watching wrestling was because I thought it was immature. And once again were getting our definitions of mature mixed up again. I think your saying it's mature because it has fighting, muscles, and blood. The problem is the way they portray it. See my definition of fighting, muscles, and blood(mature) would be more like UFC.
You got me mixed up again. It's more of the content and the violence. That and the stuff they used to push it are not for a younger age. They stopped that 80's cheese thing years ago. Thank god. I hate UFC and MMA in general. I just find it slowpaced, boring and no offense but a tad homoerotic. I tired to watch it...I just can't. (I am not calling you gay, I just think it looks a tad homoerotic is all.)

Around the Network

diamuerto said: C'mon Death you didn't even like Melee. That game was amazing. It didn't even have to be about Nintendo, it was just plain good and fun.
Just not my cup of tea.

I know your talking about content and violence and the portrayal is what I'm talking about. I know in wrestling people do get hurt and it's not easy, but it's just not the same as UFC. People really get hurt there. If you think it's slowpaced you haven't seen enough fights. There are just some absolutely amazing fights. Seeing a guy get his teeth knocked out only to win by choking the other guy out is something that is only copied by wrestling, but really happens in UFC. I can see your a man of violence, if you want that you should pick up UFC knockouts. There is some REAL pain there and it's just highlights, so it shouldn't be too boring for ya. That homo remark is strange to me. I think you got a macho head type of persona going on. You know that's probably from watching so much wrestling It actually influenced you more than you realized.

diamuerto said: I know your talking about content and violence and the portrayal is what I'm talking about. I know in wrestling people do get hurt and it's not easy, but it's just not the same as UFC. People really get hurt there. If you think it's slowpaced you haven't seen enough fights. There are just some absolutely amazing fights. Seeing a guy get his teeth knocked out only to win by choking the other guy out is something that is only copied by wrestling, but really happens in UFC. I can see your a man of violence, if you want that you should pick up UFC knockouts. There is some REAL pain there and it's just highlights, so it shouldn't be too boring for ya. That homo remark is strange to me. I think you got a macho head type of persona going on. You know that's probably from watching so much wrestling It actually influenced you more than you realized.
Not at all, I just think it looks gay. I saw some mma matches and some of those holds did look like sexual postions. I'll pass. You should watch some matches, most of all HBK vs Angle at wrestlemania 21, not childish just a great match between two great wrestlers. Enough of this, this is a video game, If I want to talk wrestling I will go to wrestlezone with people who like it and know alot of about it. Some who have been watching it for 20 years. And please don't take cheap shots at me, I have not at you. FYI, WWE in the 80's = Total cheese and I won't watch it...Even if you paid me. I hate Hogan.

FYI, I didn't even know how to walk in the 80's.

diamuerto said: FYI, I didn't even know how to walk in the 80's.
........I was born in 80...Luckily for me I wasn't watching wrestling then. 80's was terrible for the wwe.....yuck. But atleast flair was around. I guess it's a good thing I care more about matches than storylines......Now I am wondering why i watch wwe...if I want matches... Oh well. back on topic. Nintendo sucks...hahaha.... seriously, I would just like some more mature games or games that are more complex, cutting heads off doesn't equal mature. They need new first party games, how much longer can they bank on mario? EDIT: I post some pictures of wwe divas, but I get banned. On no rush for that.