By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Don't be dissuaded, it will be worth it in the end, trust me ;) Not only for the trophies, but because you'll be able to make some pretty sweet weapons out of them,

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Soulsucker is pretty cool, I just wish I didn't have to walk up to that bp dual katana skelly, walking breaks my style :)

Have you enough MP to cast Soulsucker and then Firestorm on the BP Gold Skeletons? You can gain up to 90K souls per run if you do that xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

No, I'm about 100 MP shy of that, but, I could level up int if I want too, but I'm just more interested in the stone not the souls :)

lestatdark said:
That's the good side from it :P

I went from 74 to 130 due to the massive farming I did for Pure Bladestones and Chunks of Marrowstone/Suckerstone/Cloudstone.

How many levels have you gained so far?

I had them all, i dont know why i waited

should have upgraded asap, at least i could have gotten some trophies in thea playthro

Couldnt find chunks/pure bladestone tho, so you get them from the dual katanas ? (they did drop shard of bladestones all the time)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

I have enough MP for 4 soulsuckers + Crescent Falchion & Crescent Uchigatana & Fragrant Ring MP Regen

Still no luck with invading ...

nen-suer said:
lestatdark said:
That's the good side from it :P

I went from 74 to 130 due to the massive farming I did for Pure Bladestones and Chunks of Marrowstone/Suckerstone/Cloudstone.

How many levels have you gained so far?

I had them all, i dont know why i waited

should have upgraded asap, at least i could have gotten some trophies in thea playthro

Couldnt find chunks/pure bladestone tho, so you get them from the dual katanas ? (they did drop shard of bladestones all the time)

Gold and Dual Katana skeletons all have a chance to drop Chunks of Bladestone. I got almost 99 when I farmed for my Pure Bladestone >_<

It's easier if you get to PB WT in world 4, but the drop % for Chunks of Bladestone hangs around at 2%

@routsounmanman

You're having a really hard time >_< It's strange, must be no one invading at your level, but you had previous luck with Blue Phantom helpers right? 

Current PC Build

I thought 4-1 was supposed to be easy...well dual Katana skeletons are a bitch.

Out of these, which should I upgrade?

1. Winged Spear
2. Kilij
3. Uchigatana

Or should I not upgrade any of them?

And btw, I've upgraded my Long Bow to +7. So according to Demon's Souls wiki, I should be able to get a Lava Bow on my next upgrade.

@sabby_e17

Yes, you can get Lava Bow now ;)

Well it depends on what is your approach in the game. Winged Spears are excellent to keep your opponents at bay, and are good weapons to use while your shield is up, yet they don't have any arc of attack 1H so you can only attack straightforward, meaning you'll miss a lot of attacks until you get the timing right.

Kilij is a really short ranged weapon, not very recommended unless you know how to effectively block and counter enemy moves

Uchigatana works pretty much like every long sword, except that it adds bleeding damage and the stamina drain from each uchigatana is really low. You got to be careful with them though, they only have 70 endurance, meaning they'll break really fast.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@sabby_e17

Yes, you can get Lava Bow now ;)

Well it depends on what is your approach in the game. Winged Spears are excellent to keep your opponents at bay, and are good weapons to use while your shield is up, yet they don't have any arc of attack 1H so you can only attack straightforward, meaning you'll miss a lot of attacks until you get the timing right.

Kilij is a really short ranged weapon, not very recommended unless you know how to effectively block and counter enemy moves

Uchigatana works pretty much like every long sword, except that it adds bleeding damage and the stamina drain from each uchigatana is really low. You got to be careful with them though, they only have 70 endurance, meaning they'll break really fast.

Cool, Lava Bow will be mine soon...

I think I'll pass on those weapons then and wait till a better weapon. But on DS Wiki, it says that you get a Scraping Spear when you upgrade Winged/Short spear +7 and using the Lead Demon's Soul. Should I go for that?

And what are your take on Dual Katana Skeletons? I had to waste about 10 arrows on him (there were two of them in 4-1, so 20 arrows) because I was to scared to melee him. 1st time he jumped at me and even though I had my shield up, he consumed all my stamina and slashed off 75% of my HP.