By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Yeah, i'll try to find the video from which I've seen it xD I lol'd so hard :P

Looool, that's true, the creators of DS have given much more frustrations to gamers than most Villains in any other game in 2009 :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
zuvuyeay said:
Hiko said:
I just started a New Game from fresh to get the Blueblood Sword as soon as possible.
I was able to do it. :) I got it around Soul Level 40 (for the stats).

Now I'm Soul Level 48 with the following stats:

Vitality: 8
Intelligence: 12
Endurance: 16
Strenght: 22
Dexterity: 18
Magic: 18
Faith: 18
Luck: 16

I wonder how it will do in PvP. I'm going to try it tonight. :)

just stay away from me,

sounds unfair,people on 2/3 playthroughs knowing whatg they want and where to get it,bashing up ist timers,haha the struggles of demons souls,its qutie a clever game isn't it,very good stuff

I wouldn't worry too much with him, the de-levelers are the worst of the bunch, people who purpousedly let themselves be soulsucked to decrease levels and then majorly gain levels to upgrade a single stat. 

I've seen people using a Dragon Bone Smasher +5 at level 50 and doing just as much damage as I do in level 207. Now that's completely broken xD 

Yeah, that means 56 playthroughs in the game xD it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me, but some people want to get to level 712 the hard way ;) 

Believe it or not, I got my a** handed to me lol. I invaded 3 worlds and lost the 3 of them.

1st: I got one shoted with Meat Cleaver while I was blocking...lol

2nd: I got owned by someone with a 2H Spear. Each hit that I blocked took half my endurance, which never happened before against a player.

3rd: I died on my own by accident and I lost a soul level lol

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Hiko said:
lestatdark said:
zuvuyeay said:
Hiko said:
I just started a New Game from fresh to get the Blueblood Sword as soon as possible.
I was able to do it. :) I got it around Soul Level 40 (for the stats).

Now I'm Soul Level 48 with the following stats:

Vitality: 8
Intelligence: 12
Endurance: 16
Strenght: 22
Dexterity: 18
Magic: 18
Faith: 18
Luck: 16

I wonder how it will do in PvP. I'm going to try it tonight. :)

just stay away from me,

sounds unfair,people on 2/3 playthroughs knowing whatg they want and where to get it,bashing up ist timers,haha the struggles of demons souls,its qutie a clever game isn't it,very good stuff

I wouldn't worry too much with him, the de-levelers are the worst of the bunch, people who purpousedly let themselves be soulsucked to decrease levels and then majorly gain levels to upgrade a single stat. 

I've seen people using a Dragon Bone Smasher +5 at level 50 and doing just as much damage as I do in level 207. Now that's completely broken xD 

Yeah, that means 56 playthroughs in the game xD it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me, but some people want to get to level 712 the hard way ;) 

Believe it or not, I got my a** handed to me lol. I invaded 3 worlds and lost the 3 of them.

1st: I got one shoted with Meat Cleaver while I was blocking...lol

2nd: I got owned by someone with a 2H Spear. Each hit that I blocked took half my endurance, which never happened before against a player.

3rd: I died on my own by accident and I lost a soul level lol

I believe you, you're using a Sword type of weapon which needs a lot of strategy to pull through a safe invasion, I used to make a lot of mistakes too, I'll give you some tips, can be helpful for future invasions ;)

1: When you see the opponent using a MC or a Dragon Bone Smasher, don't ever block, trust me, you'll regret it. MC and DBS, while 2H can easily go through any shield, especially if the opponent pulls a succesful R2 smash attack. Plus, advanced players will use the 1H roll AoE attack. To counter a MC/DBS user, your best bet is to go for backstabs. Never ever use the auto-targetting with them, instead, focus on rolls.
The MC and DBS attacks are pretty slow and easy to dodge, even the roll AoE one. You should be able to set up plenty of backstabs against one such opponent. World 1-4 is pretty good for this, you can block their attacking path with the pillars to the side of the dead dragon body

2: 2H spears are fearsome weapons, especially if the other player has made a Crushing Spear +5. Normally those kind of players have tons of strenght and take huge advantage over the S boosting effect of the Crushing Prefix. Also, most advanced players use Moon/Crescent prefixes, because even if you block, you get massive damage from the magic stat.
It could have been an issue with the Guard Resistance % of your shield, what shield are you using?

3: That happens to us all, I died invading 1-4 because I did a wrong AoE roll attack with my DBS in the path before False King Allant :P 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Looool, that's true, the creators of DS have given much more frustrations to gamers than most Villains in any other game in 2009 :P

his evil knows no bounds.....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
lestatdark said:

I have a theory that the people from From Software are actually demons themselves, working for the Old One, collecting the souls of poor gamers who get too frustrated over Demon's Souls

Who knows, maybe they trully are...*gets kidnapped* xD 

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
forevercloud3000 said:
lestatdark said:

I have a theory that the people from From Software are actually demons themselves, working for the Old One, collecting the souls of poor gamers who get too frustrated over Demon's Souls

They have taken away a lot of my souls (hours played) lol.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Hiko said:
lestatdark said:
forevercloud3000 said:
lestatdark said:

They have taken away a lot of my souls (hours played) lol.

From me they have taken 2 months worth of souls >_<  

I think that amounts to a Legendary Hero's Soul! I kid, i kid xD 

Current PC Build

so do you always play in online mode,when playing or do you disconnect sometimes?

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
so do you always play in online mode,when playing or do you disconnect sometimes?

I always play offline when I'm trying to do the World Tendency events, since online screws majorly with them, but after doing them, I go online all the time.

Current PC Build

I always play online. I dont know why. Even when the Black Phantoms are severly frustrating me I tough through it and not just sign off. Thats the way the game was meant to be played and I dont want to cripple the experience.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)