By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

forevercloud3000 said:
lestatdark said:
@Forevercloud3000

Yeah, that will only grant you the Rune Shield and Sword ;) Both of them are great for magic users though, i'm making a Magician around those two in a future playthrough xD

Will that sword and shield(or just shield) work against Lord Rydell? I heard his weapon is purely magical, so when he attacks it breaks through my defensive shield stance every time. He has killed me quite a few times now and I have lost over 300,000demon souls on him(first time i wasnt even trying to face him). I now have a personal vendetta and want to eliminate him :)

If you want to get Lord Rydell back, it's much better if you get the Dark Silver Shield from Garl Vinland in 5-3. That shield is the only one in the entire game which does 100% Magic block, and when fully upgraded with 5 Colourless Demon Souls, has 65% Guard Resistance.

My personal vendetta in this game is against Satsuki, he's extremely annoying and killed me a few times before I got the Dragon Bone Smasher xD (Pro-tip: Dragon Bone Smasher, when wielded 2H, is the cheapest way to kill any BP in the game, just use R1 attack and all the BP will go flying back, just repeat until they're dead :P) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Phosporescent Pole's damage is almost purely magical, so yes, Rune Shield would help a lot. How about Dark Silver armor though? Have you killed Black Phantom Garl? Get that first, then go for Rydell.

@routsounmanman

The problem with the Magical Damage from Phosporescent Pole is that, while on the first Playthrough isn't all that much, starting from NG+ is extremely high. Even at 300 Magical Defense, with the entire Dark Silver Set, not blocking his attacks will take 800 HP from you.

Using the Rune Shield, even if increases your Magical Defense by 60, when fully powered, the 60% magical reduction still means that you can get hit for 300 HP even if you block the attack.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@forevercloud3000

A word of advice first: Do not call newcomers to Demon's Souls noobs, unless you don't mean that in the derogatory terms, or else I shall have to report you, since it's an offensive word and this has been a clean thread so far.

Second, that Ostrava tip you gave? Wrong.

He will turn into a Black Phantom in 1-4 whether you kill him or not. Killing him will also screw with your Character Tendency and World Tendency for Boletaria Castle, since both will suffer a massive shift towards Black, making the game even harder, and will screw with the stats of the Demonbrandt (which is not named The King's Sword, you should know this).

Plus killing him is a huge mistake. You won't get the good rewards he'll give you on 1-2 and 1-3 if you rescue him, which are 2 Dark Moon Grasses in 1-2 and a Pure Clearstone in 1-3.

You may want to rethink your tips, next time you post them. The first one was good, even though people will eventually find out that you musn't face him at the early stages of the game.

yes well,they say that about that 1-1 knight in the pathway,but i killed him early on with my soul arrow,you just have to stay out of his way,not that it was worth it of course,

i see why black phantoms attack you in the 4's,i was attacked twice by black phantoms as i was dealing with the normal monsters,not alot i could do really,at the time,i didn't realise they can attack you while other enemies are about,if i'm human again there,i'm going to get some phantom help,there seemed to be quite a few waiting for some action around there,

so where do you lot swap stones then,do you swap equipment too

so is royalty considered to be magic then,i know she started with a catalyst and stuff,i hope she can get hardcore with a weapon too

i aslo never realised early that you can use demons souls for weapons/spells i never read the mannual properly until after a couple of sessions playing,i suppose once used you can never get those weapon/spells from somewhere else

Above & Beyond

routsounmanman said:
Phosporescent Pole's damage is almost purely magical, so yes, Rune Shield would help a lot. How about Dark Silver armor though? Have you killed Black Phantom Garl? Get that first, then go for Rydell.

yea, i was thinking the same thing. Maybe Dark Silver Armor, Rune Shield, and piercing weapon. My main strategy with him that gets me to 25% health at least is to draw him into the narrow pathway where he is forced to 2hand his weapon. It's wide swings bounce off the walls so he can only use one move really. It pretty much animates like a Halberd. I would dodge his moves then lunge in for a stab, rince repeat. But his stamina is rather high so i get restless and go in for more hits, which never works -_-

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

and i still don't understand why they haven't given this game an EU realease,

i mean what do they think that no europeans will play this game,the mind boggles

remind me where castles and knights come from again......

Above & Beyond

If you have poison / death cloud, those are your best bets. Just make sure to kill him yourself before his HP runs out, or you won't get any CT shift.

If you decide to face him 1 on 1 (I didn't) equip Ring of Magical Dullness as well.

zuvuyeay said:
lestatdark said:
@forevercloud3000

A word of advice first: Do not call newcomers to Demon's Souls noobs, unless you don't mean that in the derogatory terms, or else I shall have to report you, since it's an offensive word and this has been a clean thread so far.

Second, that Ostrava tip you gave? Wrong.

He will turn into a Black Phantom in 1-4 whether you kill him or not. Killing him will also screw with your Character Tendency and World Tendency for Boletaria Castle, since both will suffer a massive shift towards Black, making the game even harder, and will screw with the stats of the Demonbrandt (which is not named The King's Sword, you should know this).

Plus killing him is a huge mistake. You won't get the good rewards he'll give you on 1-2 and 1-3 if you rescue him, which are 2 Dark Moon Grasses in 1-2 and a Pure Clearstone in 1-3.

You may want to rethink your tips, next time you post them. The first one was good, even though people will eventually find out that you musn't face him at the early stages of the game.

yes well,they say that about that 1-1 knight in the pathway,but i killed him early on with my soul arrow,you just have to stay out of his way,not that it was worth it of course,

i see why black phantoms attack you in the 4's,i was attacked twice by black phantoms as i was dealing with the normal monsters,not alot i could do really,at the time,i didn't realise they can attack you while other enemies are about,if i'm human again there,i'm going to get some phantom help,there seemed to be quite a few waiting for some action around there,

so where do you lot swap stones then,do you swap equipment too

so is royalty considered to be magic then,i know she started with a catalyst and stuff,i hope she can get hardcore with a weapon too

i aslo never realised early that you can use demons souls for weapons/spells i never read the mannual properly until after a couple of sessions playing,i suppose once used you can never get those weapon/spells from somewhere else

Yes, I made that mistake too when I first started the game, I used the Phalanx and Tower Knight souls for souls instead of weapons/spells. The only way to get them back is in another playthrough, which means, you'll have to go to NG+ in order to get them.

Any character can be made to anything you want, I started as a Thief, used to be a heavy magic user and now i'm a heavy melee hitter with Dragon Bone Smasher and Tower Shield xD

Yes, you can also swap equipment with co-op blue phantoms, a lot of people do that to get the Bladestone trophy, since Pure Bladestones are exccedengly rare.

@Forevercloud3000

That's a good strategy, but you'll do much better if you use the Dark Silver Shield, trust me ;). Make sure you have 20 in endurance, that way you'll have a lot of stamina left after blocking his attack so you can stagger him easily. Take your time with the battle, all of the BP battles seem to drag on for a long time, because if you get careless, they can wipe you out easily.

Current PC Build

I found the game is much easier in the early stages for Magic users. I chose a knight -_-. I had many hard times with the Tower Knight first play through, that bastard. I had no magic whats soever and had not yet figured out where to get any. Dont even get me started on the countless times I died on the Red Eyes right before.....

I planned out much more carefully this time tho. I slayed the Red dragon early on to eliminate having to duck through the basement. Killed archers in front of red eyes, then took red eyes on one by one(there are 2). Did my rounds across the tower in Tower Knight fight then went straight for those ankles LOL :D

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
I found the game is much easier in the early stages for Magic users. I chose a knight -_-. I had many hard times with the Tower Knight first play through, that bastard. I had no magic whats soever and had not yet figured out where to get any. Dont even get me started on the countless times I died on the Red Eyes right before.....

I planned out much more carefully this time tho. I slayed the Red dragon early on to eliminate having to duck through the basement. Killed archers in front of red eyes, then took red eyes on one by one(there are 2). Did my rounds across the tower in Tower Knight fight then went straight for those ankles LOL :D

In my experience, I found it to be quite the contrary. I had an easier time with my Knight at first, mainly because I learned how to parry quite easily. It was only in the later stages, when parry became a non-event, that I had the most trouble. 

Magician's have the roughest start to me, because you have access to very weak spells and no MP regen, it's better if you start as a Royalty for this. It's only in the later stages of the game that Magic users really start to shine, with spells like God's Wrath, Firestorm, Fireball and so on.

Also, just to correct you again, before the Tower Knight there are two Blue Eyes, not Red Eyes ;) maybe you're confusing them for the Red Eyes before the penetrator boss in 1-3 :P 

Current PC Build