By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

lestatdark said:
luvtospooge said:
lestatdark said:
darkhaven63 said:
routsounmanman said:
@darkhaven63

Get a Purple Flame Shield +10. As my friend lestatdark mentioned, the Damage Reduction this shield offers is nearly insurpassable, and that only by much heavier and more expensive to upgrade shields.

Plus it will help a ton with Flamelurker and Spider boss.

Yeah, I've been trying to upgrade the shield all the way since I have it at +7. I actually broke a black phantom's weapon with that shield while we were fighting in 3-3. Needless to say, he was sort of pissed at that and he gave up because he didn't have anything left XD.  Anyways, I was wondering if I should switch to the Brushwood Shield instead since it offers 100% Flame Res. I know it's heavy, but it looks like a damn good shield.

The 100% Fire resistance isn't worth the extra 5 lb and  5% less Guard Resistance of a full powered Brushwood shield, trust me. 

Those 90% Fire resistance of the Purple Flame Shield +10 are quite enough to get you through the game, I used it all the way to NG++ and only exchanged it for a full powered Tower Shield +5.

@Luvtospooge

PvP is really going down the drain for what i've seen in the few days that I invaded lately, it's either people waiting to do spawn kills, or people going around with Blue Phantoms and letting them do all the dirty work.

I haven't tried Red Eye PvP yet, but is it really just as bad as BP invasion? >_< 

About 3/4 times yes. They will summon helpers to help them then summon you. They run away and waiting in corners to anbush you. It's sad really...

Thats why I prefer having a friend summon me and fight him. You get a true fight.

That's true, that's a guarantee that you can get a fair fight. 

Also, I don't know if you have noticed it, but I think the servers are a bit laggy lately. I've been having some strange things happening to me as well, especially on 1-4, a guy attacked me with a Blueblood, but i put him behind one of the side pillars while I was prepping up Firestorm. Next thing I see, he's doing a backstab on me, like he did a massive jump in frames. 

There is lagg here and there...and as for Firestorm( Is it rage of god?) use it when the enemy is pinned down (with Meat Cleaver or Keel Smasher)...

Around the Network

I've tried that, but those jumps in frames sometimes annoy me, that's why I go 2H Keel most of the times xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Never put ur Red Stone. They will most likely camp and kill you with their helpers and you will lose a SL. I recommend you guys to Invade, no matter how unfair it sounds.

Crap, this is getting ridiculous, it seems that all people are waiting for Black Phantoms to farm them.

I agree with luvtospooge, it's better to invade. At least you keep your SL intact, unless you do the disconnect trick, which is extremely unfair and is considered cheating.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark

It seems you're very knowledgeable of the American version ( I play the Asian version) , so I have a question for you:

What are the soul leveling glitches in the american version? I never knew or tried any glitch in the Asian version but that was a known fact and people with soul level 712 or even less is just IMPOSSIBLE (in a lifetime) without some kind of cheat. Recently I visited the Pantheon in the American version and to my surprise there's also quite a few players with everything capped, 712 levels. What's more surprising is that most of them made it in less than 140 hours! I particularly remember one who achieved 712 levels in 75 hours! What's the fucking trick!!! that's outrageous!

Around the Network

Bleh pure bladestone is taking too long.

Giving up now and going to bet the game now after I do meph quest and world 1 pbwt and pwwt events

anyone have a spare pure bladestone to give me?

What do you mean by invade vs putting down your red stone, aren't those the same thing?

just started this game, so far so good.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

^really?

remember this, the Wiki is your best friend :) http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

gekkokamen said:
@lestatdark

It seems you're very knowledgeable of the American version ( I play the Asian version) , so I have a question for you:

What are the soul leveling glitches in the american version? I never knew or tried any glitch in the Asian version but that was a known fact and people with soul level 712 or even less is just IMPOSSIBLE (in a lifetime) without some kind of cheat. Recently I visited the Pantheon in the American version and to my surprise there's also quite a few players with everything capped, 712 levels. What's more surprising is that most of them made it in less than 140 hours! I particularly remember one who achieved 712 levels in 75 hours! What's the fucking trick!!! that's outrageous!

The video is on youtube..so you basically summon a friendly black phantom and you use soul sucker on him...etc. Takes quite a while. Thanks to those people, the leaderboard is messed up with people sl 712...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91YT4VVzUkQ