By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

EncodedNybble said:
sabby_e17 said:
Ok, I started a new game and I chose Hunter again.

Lestatdark recommended me to increase my dexterity and strength asap. But my attack won't increase nor my drop rate.

On other stats like Endurance, all the stats increase. Would I be wasting souls if I increased dexterity and strength without attack increasing?

What do you mean your attack didn't increase?

It all depends on your weapon.  Weapons has "added Params" which translates to "I get a boost for damage from these stats".  So, they will get damage boost on dex/strengtrh/what have you.  The boost might not be major with low level weapons, but they will in general.

So I should upgrade still? Like at the time I wanted to upgrade dexterity, I had equipped my Battle Axe, so I'm guessing it's the bow that gets da power :D

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
I think im just about to fight the boss on 2-2. Flamelurker?

I have 6000 souls, and no fire resistance stuff.

I think it's time to go back to the Nexus, somehow

Be extra careful of him when his HP drops too low, he will act crazy for a while

He came at me non stop with his most powerful attacks

Move quicly and evader his attacks, block only when you have no other choice

Blocking his powerfull attacks can drain all our stamina and leave u open for a death blow

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

marciosmg said:
@lestat - yes I am using the Purple Flame Shield +10.

But you didnt get me. I said, they hit me and after the hit I still have more than half the stamina but I still stagger like my stamina ran out. O_O

It happened before but I taught I wasnt payng attention and I saw it wrong. But yesterday I did pay attention and it did happen.

I got you, the problem isn't in the stamina, the problem is on the Strength Stat then. As long as you have less Strength than your enemies, you'll be staggered. Both the Knights and Soldiers have a Staggering attack, even the Ninja's have one, when they do their roundhouse kick.

Try upgrading your Strength stat, at 40, I haven't been staggered by those moves in a long time, though it does happen sometimes.

@sabby_e17

Don't stop upgrading your dexterity stat, the raw Attack Power stat will not increase much, it only increases 1 point for each 4 dexterity or strength point, but that stat isn't important.

When you have a Dexterity based weapon (A weapon that has a number which boosts the Weapon's Attack, it goes from E to S), it's attack power will increase by a huge amount.

Take the example of the Lava Bow, each point that you put in Dexterity increases it's attack power by 1, and the Sticky Compound Long Bow +5 increases 2.5 attack power for each point in dexterity. The same goes for Sharp Uchigatana +5. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

EncodedNybble said:
@lestatdark did you get my PSN friend request? If so, accept it.

I really screwed the pooch last night. I had planned on getting world 2 to PBWT, killing the primeval demon, killing BP Scirvir and then killing the dragon god to get back to PWWT and getting the DBS.

I read in the wiki that the primeval was in 2-1 and scirvir was in 2-2, ok, rock.

Primeval is there, go and kill him, go to scirvir. Nothing but geckos........................

Turns out the primeval demon can pop out before PBWT (just really close to) but the BP don't. Turns out I wasn't at PBWT! Oh well, no DBS for me this play through and lesson learned.

But, I finally beat world 2 and 3. Now, only world 5 and 1 stand in my way (haven't done any of 5 and did 1-1 and 1-2 and most of 1-3).

Damn that was though luck :/ You got in the 90% Black threshold, it happens rarely >_<

Hope that you get the DBS on the next playthrough, when you put enough stats in Strength, it's really worth it. At 40 Strength it does 500 attack power.

I'll check out the PSN later, i'm not at home yet ;) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Yeah major bad luck. Lesson learned though, make sure the BP is there before killing the primeval demon. Oh well, I need another play through anyway for the other magics (for the trophy) so, no big deal.

@lestatdark

Question. I finally got homing soul arrow. When I cast it 1 little orb float above me. I charged toward a gargoyle and it hit him for 75 or so damage.

Aren't there supposed to be more arrows? I only have 10 magic, is that too weak? I thought this magic was supposed to do a lot of damage. Granted, I'm not a magic user (I melee or bow everything) but I've heard homing soul arrows works well against the penetrator and old king.

So, is my magic too weak? Why did I only get one orb above me? (The old monk boss had 5 orbs I think)

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
marciosmg said:

But you didnt get me. I said, they hit me and after the hit I still have more than half the stamina but I still stagger like my stamina ran out. O_O

It happened before but I taught I wasnt payng attention and I saw it wrong. But yesterday I did pay attention and it did happen.

I got you, the problem isn't in the stamina, the problem is on the Strength Stat then. As long as you have less Strength than your enemies, you'll be staggered. Both the Knights and Soldiers have a Staggering attack, even the Ninja's have one, when they do their roundhouse kick.

Try upgrading your Strength stat, at 40, I haven't been staggered by those moves in a long time, though it does happen sometimes.

@sabby_e17

Don't stop upgrading your dexterity stat, the raw Attack Power stat will not increase much, it only increases 1 point for each 4 dexterity or strength point, but that stat isn't important.

When you have a Dexterity based weapon (A weapon that has a number which boosts the Weapon's Attack, it goes from E to S), it's attack power will increase by a huge amount.

Take the example of the Lava Bow, each point that you put in Dexterity increases it's attack power by 1, and the Sticky Compound Long Bow +5 increases 2.5 attack power for each point in dexterity. The same goes for Sharp Uchigatana +5. 

Ok. I didn't know stats upgrade weapons.

I'm assuming that strength increases melee weapons attack.

^don't you ever take a look at the wiki?

As mentioned before (and on the wiki) weapons have 3 different attributes that define their damage.

1. Damage type (physical, magical, fire). This is a raw number
2. Uhh damage...style? (blunt, slash, etc.)
3. Added parameters.

The raw damage is a number, the higher the number, the higher the damage of the weapon. This is important, but not that important as this number will never change unless you upgrade the weapon.

The added parameters is where the REAL damage comes into play.

Each added parameter has a rank (E, D, C, B, A, S E being the weakest and S being the strongest) that is associated with an stat (like strength, dex, luck, faith, etc.)

So, depending on the weapon, some weapons get bonuses based on your strength and your dex (like quality weapons) or other just your strength or others just your dex or other just your faith and one (1!) weapon increases with luck.

Thus, if I have a weapon with a D rating for strength and an S rating added param for Dexterity, the weapon will do a lot of damage if I have lots of dex even if I have very little strength.

Capische?

sabby_e17 said:
lestatdark said:
marciosmg said:

@sabby_e17

Ok. I didn't know stats upgrade weapons.

I'm assuming that strength increases melee weapons attack.

Yep, it all depends on the numbers you see below each stat on the Weapon's stat window. You won't see much of a boost for normal weapons, but when you get prefix weapons to +5 or Unique weapons to +5, you'll start seeing massive gains for each point you put on each respective stat.

@EncodedNybble

Well, through experimentation i've found that PB WT is on when in the icon on the top right of the HUD turns completely black, even the small grey glow around the Black central iris.

Homing Soul Arrow increases in number of arrows per each 10 points in magic, to a total of 5 arrows at 40 magic (or at least I think that's the maximum, haven't seen anyone with magic over 40 using it). It's a massive damage dealer for magic users, but melee users won't find much use in it.

Current PC Build

EncodedNybble said:

As mentioned before (and on the wiki) weapons have 3 different attributes that define their damage.

1. Damage type (physical, magical, fire). This is a raw number
2. Uhh damage...style? (blunt, slash, etc.)
3. Added parameters.

The raw damage is a number, the higher the number, the higher the damage of the weapon. This is important, but not that important as this number will never change unless you upgrade the weapon.

The added parameters is where the REAL damage comes into play.

Each added parameter has a rank (E, D, C, B, A, S E being the weakest and S being the strongest) that is associated with an stat (like strength, dex, luck, faith, etc.)

So, depending on the weapon, some weapons get bonuses based on your strength and your dex (like quality weapons) or other just your strength or others just your dex or other just your faith and one (1!) weapon increases with luck.

Thus, if I have a weapon with a D rating for strength and an S rating added param for Dexterity, the weapon will do a lot of damage if I have lots of dex even if I have very little strength.

Capische?

The problem with that classification, and the same one that the wiki uses, is that not all ratings are the same for all weapons.

Take for example the Meat Cleaver and the Dragon Bone Slasher.

The MC has a S for Strength and Dexterity and A for Faith. For each additional strength point, you'll gain 1.25 damage to the MC, the same for Dexterity and 0.9 for each point in Faith.

The DBS +5 has a B rating for Strength, yet for each point in Strength, you'll gain a 2.5 boost in damage.

I don't know why the DBS's B is way stronger than the MC's Ss and A, my theory is that it's in order to balance out the fact that the DBS doesn't have magical damage, yet that's still a very big difference 

Current PC Build