By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Ail said:
SnakeEyez said:

So I actually spent 50000 souls for the ring of avarice and the extra souls is not as high as I thought it wouldve been, was it really worth it? Also, in 3-1, in one of the towers there is this guy standing there with like a yellow light or w/e around him, was that a merchant? I killed him with magic from afar so IDK if I shouldve done that or not.

dli2k3 said:

Ya, I just got the pure bladestone as well while doing the soul farming. Since I'm playing a female which can wear silver bracelet, I get even more souls per run, 175k for the black and the two golden skellies. Pretty nice for a 3 minutes run. Got the pure bladestone within 20 runs...I remember back in the Asian version, I got it within 30 runs or so. So it's not as bad as some people make it sound...

Edit: Oh and that's with 8 luck and no LSS.

What?! 175k per 3 minutes, how?! I'm guessing near the end of the game or in NG+? Man I was so pissed when I got the silver bracelet, I saw what it did and got soo happy and BAM female only I was like NOOO. Oh and wats LSS?

Edit: I got a Dragon Long Sword +4 and the attack is 266, I was thinking of just upgrading it instead of going for another weapon, is that good enough to last for the rest of the game (it has not stat upgrades).

The 175k run is for NG+ only, you need the soulsucker spell you can not get before NG+.( people do those runs to try to get a pure bladestone to drop, I do the shorter ones at 70k/run for like 1 min 40, the last 2 mobs can't drop pure bladestones..)

LSS = large sword of searching, raises drop rate, does not affect soul rate...

The first few times you do those runs you are like 'woah, so many souls''.

Then after 60+ runs and still no pure bladestone the woah effect quickly disappears...................( up 65 souls levels so far doing those runs and still no stone..)

ahh I see. What's so special about a pure bladestone? I guess that alot of you have high dex that ya want to get a high level stat bonus?

Around the Network
SnakeEyez said:
Ail said:
SnakeEyez said:

So I actually spent 50000 souls for the ring of avarice and the extra souls is not as high as I thought it wouldve been, was it really worth it? Also, in 3-1, in one of the towers there is this guy standing there with like a yellow light or w/e around him, was that a merchant? I killed him with magic from afar so IDK if I shouldve done that or not.

dli2k3 said:

Ya, I just got the pure bladestone as well while doing the soul farming. Since I'm playing a female which can wear silver bracelet, I get even more souls per run, 175k for the black and the two golden skellies. Pretty nice for a 3 minutes run. Got the pure bladestone within 20 runs...I remember back in the Asian version, I got it within 30 runs or so. So it's not as bad as some people make it sound...

Edit: Oh and that's with 8 luck and no LSS.

What?! 175k per 3 minutes, how?! I'm guessing near the end of the game or in NG+? Man I was so pissed when I got the silver bracelet, I saw what it did and got soo happy and BAM female only I was like NOOO. Oh and wats LSS?

Edit: I got a Dragon Long Sword +4 and the attack is 266, I was thinking of just upgrading it instead of going for another weapon, is that good enough to last for the rest of the game (it has not stat upgrades).

The 175k run is for NG+ only, you need the soulsucker spell you can not get before NG+.( people do those runs to try to get a pure bladestone to drop, I do the shorter ones at 70k/run for like 1 min 40, the last 2 mobs can't drop pure bladestones..)

LSS = large sword of searching, raises drop rate, does not affect soul rate...

The first few times you do those runs you are like 'woah, so many souls''.

Then after 60+ runs and still no pure bladestone the woah effect quickly disappears...................( up 65 souls levels so far doing those runs and still no stone..)

ahh I see. What's so special about a pure bladestone? I guess that alot of you have high dex that ya want to get a high level stat bonus?

It is required to max out the weapon, at it's last stage. It also gets you a trophy if you max out a weapon using stones...

Alright, so completely new to the game, just started playing like an hour ago. Maybe I missed something, or maybe the learning curve is even more ridiculous then I had heard about, but I have a bit of a question.

Ok, so I started out, made myself and nice little wanderer (hope that class doesn't totally suck) named Vaga. Start going through the tutorial thinking "sweet, I'm digging this game's set up, combat feels good, movement feels fluid, like the art style" everything's moving along. I get to a spot where I enter the fog (no idea what that means), go along a bit then all of the sudden I go into a room and there is this really big nasty guy in there. "Shit" I think. I try to roll, he slices, I die. "Ok I get it" I think to myself "this is just part of the tutorial to teach me about being dead and how to come back to life, enter other games, ect." Eh...no such luck that I've noticed. Some guy told me to collect souls, there was a black smith, and guy to take my inventory and some messages on the ground about controls. I have no idea what's going on, or what I'm supposed to be doing.

I went into the first archstone, still dead, and have been trying to fight my way through it. I've died alot, seeing as how with my health in half I die in 2-4 hits. I've been trying to inch my way through, but I don't quite get if I'm even supposed to be trying to conquer this castle right now. I have no idea how to increase my level since I don't see an experience meter, and I don't feel like I'm making any progress despite all the guys I've killed going through this first bit of the stage over and over.

Am I supposed to be alive again at this point? Is there some place I missed going, some explanations I failed to see? Ect? Give a poor newb a leg up. Give me some direction in this early part of the game. If I am supposed to get through this first level dead, then just tell me and I'll work through it. I don't mind hard, I just want to know what's going on.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Alright, so completely new to the game, just started playing like an hour ago. Maybe I missed something, or maybe the learning curve is even more ridiculous then I had heard about, but I have a bit of a question.

Ok, so I started out, made myself and nice little wanderer (hope that class doesn't totally suck) named Vaga. Start going through the tutorial thinking "sweet, I'm digging this game's set up, combat feels good, movement feels fluid, like the art style" everything's moving along. I get to a spot where I enter the fog (no idea what that means), go along a bit then all of the sudden I go into a room and there is this really big nasty guy in there. "Shit" I think. I try to roll, he slices, I die. "Ok I get it" I think to myself "this is just part of the tutorial to teach me about being dead and how to come back to life, enter other games, ect." Eh...no such luck that I've noticed. Some guy told me to collect souls, there was a black smith, and guy to take my inventory and some messages on the ground about controls. I have no idea what's going on, or what I'm supposed to be doing.

I went into the first archstone, still dead, and have been trying to fight my way through it. I've died alot, seeing as how with my health in half I die in 2-4 hits. I've been trying to inch my way through, but I don't quite get if I'm even supposed to be trying to conquer this castle right now. I have no idea how to increase my level since I don't see an experience meter, and I don't feel like I'm making any progress despite all the guys I've killed going through this first bit of the stage over and over.

Am I supposed to be alive again at this point? Is there some place I missed going, some explanations I failed to see? Ect? Give a poor newb a leg up. Give me some direction in this early part of the game. If I am supposed to get through this first level dead, then just tell me and I'll work through it. I don't mind hard, I just want to know what's going on.

you're on the right way, finish 1-1 then you'll be able to level up AND choose between the other altars

luvtospooge said:
The_vagabond7 said:

you're on the right way, finish 1-1 then you'll be able to level up AND choose between the other altars

Alright sweet. At least I know I'm not missing something. It's just damn hard is all, but that I can deal with. So then I'm supposed to be dead for this part right?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
luvtospooge said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Alright sweet. At least I know I'm not missing something. It's just damn hard is all, but that I can deal with. So then I'm supposed to be dead for this part right?

I died about 20-30 times in that level. Every newbs dies. Just dont forget to get the cling ring in that level. and dont go forward if u see a dude with heavy armors with red eyes, he will merk u.

The_vagabond7 said:
luvtospooge said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Make sure you lock on to the enemys. I played for 15 minutes of torture before discovering this gift from god!

The_vagabond7 said:
luvtospooge said:
The_vagabond7 said:

once you find the cling ring in that level it will raise your HP in soul form. You shouldn't die so much after that

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Yeah, that heavy armor dude had his way with me non consentually. Where is this cling ring you speak of?

Also, does this game auto save or something? I don't see a save option.

The_vagabond7 said:
Yeah, that heavy armor dude had his way with me non consentually. Where is this cling ring you speak of?

Also, does this game auto save or something? I don't see a save option.

It autosaves, so watch out what you do to those NPC's. The cling ring is like in that tower...