By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Price cut for PS3 ?

Sony has been saying to investors they're focusing on profitability. Even if they became profitable soon, a price cut would immediately get them back to losing money. So don't expect more than a $50 cut this year, and even that is uncertain.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I agree just go buy it, then screw them over and buy some great used games or some from the clearance sales to make up the difference of what you think it should cost. And enjoy it now. Or use your money and buy an Xbox if it is the price you think the PS3 should be.

I am getting tired of hearing the when is the price cut coming, how many times does Sony have to say that we do not plan on cutting the price anytime soon. I take it when they say soon that they mean anytime in the current quarter. If they cut the price it will likely be at the end of summer or early fall to get a start on the holiday season. MS is not significantly outselling it at this point so they are not losing much ground there is no point in them cutting it now and showing their cards for the future because they sell about 70 % of the years consoles in the last 3 months of the year.

Just get an Xbox 360, you can buy in now with heaps of games and you don't have to wait for a price cut!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Just get an Xbox 360, you can buy in now with heaps of games and you don't have to wait for a price cut!

Typical. Maybe he wants a PS3, ever thought about that?

im 100% sure there ll be a ps3 price cut this year

Play Me

Around the Network

Oh god, not yet ANOTHER one of these frickin' threads. DX

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Leonidus said:
Squilliam said:

Typical. Maybe he wants a PS3, ever thought about that?

I did, but only for a second.

Tease.

It's $300 shipped at dell.com RIGHT NOW.

It's just that simple.

BHR-3 said:
im 100% sure there ll be a ps3 price cut this year

No you're not.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wonder when someone is going to release a Multiplat which allows xbox360 users to compete against PS3 users online. That would be fun!

It would be interesting to see which team racks up the most points, and would probably sell tons if it were any good...

Would you really want to be on our side Sly?

If so I'm proud of you...