By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted> Tomb Raider

hatmoza 2.0 said:
Is "Uncharted" really that good!? .........Maybe i should pick it up.

Geez, where have you been?  I've only owned my ps3 for four months now and even I've beaten it.  I was a little skeptical when people said it's like a Hollywood action/adventure movie turned into a video game, but it really is -- it actually has the scriptwriting/voice acting chops to pull off that claim.  I would say it's one of the defining games of this generation so far, though it's not as famous as you'd expect outside the internet (probably because the PS3 has been getting its butt kicked in North America).

Around the Network

^ Well my finals start next week so maybe after summer school ill pick it up

@nen

Yes im always serious! ..........."C'mon sheep, lets go ."

Tomb Raider was good in its time, but Uncharted is still better.

yeah uncharted is better than tomb raider hopefully 2 will be better than the 1st uncharted im looking forward to it

Play Me

I think with MP Uncharted 2 is going to be a beast.

Naughty Dog won't mess it up.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

Uncharted still remains one of the best PS3 games i have ever played!

Bring on Uncharted 2!

I can't remember enjoying any Tomb Raider game since the PS1 days , Uncharted kinda wins by default.

Tomb Raider was somewhat of a pioneer when it first came out.

It starred Lara Croft...to my knowledge, the first female in a main character role.

Great action/adventure/puzzle elements in the first Tomb Raider games that came out. It simply failed to evolve and change from it's original state. People got tired of the same old stuff.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

In Tomb Raider's defense, it does offer much better puzzles and deeper exploration (the last few games, anyway). Uncharted is more of a third person shooter with platforming/puzzle elements added. Hell, most of the puzzles will give you their solution if you take too long to find them. Uncharted moves at a much more acceptable pace, but Tomb Raider still holds a couple of advantages.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."