By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

Scoobes said:
BladeOfGod said:
Yeah 16% OUT OF 1040. Not 16% out of 29 million.Until i see OFFICIAL articles that RROD is dead i refuse to believe.

As i said i believe failure rate dropped but its not under 20% for sure.

I think 1040 is a pretty good sample of consoles tested. 16% of 1040 is seems fairly representative to me.

Its still A LOT. And 20-32% of 29 million is NOT good sample of consoles tested

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
Scoobes said:
BladeOfGod said:
Yeah 16% OUT OF 1040. Not 16% out of 29 million.Until i see OFFICIAL articles that RROD is dead i refuse to believe.

I think 1040 is a pretty good sample of consoles tested. 16% of 1040 is seems fairly representative to me.

So you believe that the PS3 has no good games??

The 360 is competing with the PC and losing
The Ps3 is competing with HD adoption rates and the recession, and is losing
The Wii is competing with nobody, it wins.

* "It is Microsoft. And I will kill them."

1994, when asked who he thought the biggest competition would be for his upcoming PlayStation game console.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ken_Kutaragi

Tease.

why be happy just enjoy life.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Squilliam
OK, but that is not a mission statement is it? Saying that nether was MS's. That is one mans enthusiasm, and considering this was a quote from 1994, before the playstation was released and 7 years before the xbox I hardly think this counts as I think you are taking the quote out of context. He meant the biggest rival will be PC gaming. With over 100 million units sold of the original playstation and the size of the console market now, i think he may well have been right

Though I will concede that most of those quotes sound dam arrogant.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Theo said:
The 360 is competing with the PC and losing
The Ps3 is competing with HD adoption rates and the recession, and is losing
The Wii is competing with nobody, it wins.

This.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Theo said:
The 360 is competing with the PC, the wii and losing
The Ps3 is competing with HD adoption rates, the 360 and the recession, and is losing
The Wii is competing with real sports, it wins.

This.

Fixed

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
Scoobes said:
BladeOfGod said:

So you believe that the PS3 has no good games??

what's that has to do with RROD?

BladeOfGod said:
Scoobes said:
BladeOfGod said:

It is still a lot, that's kinda my point though. And let me put it this way, if a drug company can get away with sampling a new drug on only 1040 human beings (actually anywhere between 300-3000) out of 6 billion during phase 3 clinical trials, I don't see how 1040 out of 29millions consoles can be scoffed at. So the best number we have at present is 16%, which is about 13% too high.

It's not really feasible to test more then that really and MS aren't going to give any real figures until they're within industry standards which may not even happen.