By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

im happy wiht my ps3

PLAYSTATION®3

Around the Network

I'm curious as to how many 360's out there have failed and how many PS3's out there have failed. My guess, if you take a little less than one third of the 360's current units, the PS3 would have less defective units.

Pixel Art can be fun.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Mircosofts system last gen was the most superior console.

Careful.  I think you might want to rephrase that.  The XBOX was the most powerful console hardwarewise?  True.  The superior console?  Total opinion.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
lhill81 said:

''In February 2008, during the Game Developers Conference 2008, Microsoft announced that the "Failure rate has officially dropped", but without mentioning any specifics[16]. The same month an examination of 1040 Xbox 360s by SquareTrade found a 16.4% (one in six) failure rate; 171 were "disabled", of these 171 units 60% failed due to a general hardware failure (and thus fell under the 3 year extended warranty) of the remaining 40%, not covered by the extended warranty, 18% were disc read errors, 13% were video card failures, 13% were hard drive freezes, 10% were power issues and 7% were disc tray malfunctions.[17][18]. However SquareTrade also admits that their estimates are likely much lower than reality due to the time span of the sample (six to ten months), the eventual failure of many consoles that did not fail within this time span and the fact that many owners did not deal with SquareTrade and had their consoles repaired directly through Microsoft via the much publicized extended RROD warranty''

-Wikipedia

As you can see MS has been always saying failure rate has droped but without mentioning any specifics

So there you go a whole year ago the failure rate was about 16.4%

That was before the new chip which would further decrease failure rates :)

So looks like my 5-12% is probably spot on.

Thank you for proving me right.

You really didn't bother yourself to read the whole post? It says 16% OUT OF 1040 Xbox 360s,

''171 were "disabled", of these 171 units 60% failed due to a general hardware failure

That's even worse

BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
lhill81 said:

''In February 2008, during the Game Developers Conference 2008, Microsoft announced that the "Failure rate has officially dropped", but without mentioning any specifics[16]. The same month an examination of 1040 Xbox 360s by SquareTrade found a 16.4% (one in six) failure rate; 171 were "disabled", of these 171 units 60% failed due to a general hardware failure (and thus fell under the 3 year extended warranty) of the remaining 40%, not covered by the extended warranty, 18% were disc read errors, 13% were video card failures, 13% were hard drive freezes, 10% were power issues and 7% were disc tray malfunctions.[17][18]. However SquareTrade also admits that their estimates are likely much lower than reality due to the time span of the sample (six to ten months), the eventual failure of many consoles that did not fail within this time span and the fact that many owners did not deal with SquareTrade and had their consoles repaired directly through Microsoft via the much publicized extended RROD warranty''

-Wikipedia

As you can see MS has been always saying failure rate has droped but without mentioning any specifics

You really didn't bother yourself to read the whole post? It says 16% OUT OF 1040 Xbox 360s,

''171 were "disabled", of these 171 units 60% failed due to a general hardware failure

That's even worse

umm yeah they tested 1040 xbox to see what the fail rate was and 16% of them failed...so yeah looks like i was right.

Dude get over yourself, RROD is not very widespread any more.

Saying that its above 25% is about as stupid as saying the PS3 has no games...so if you believe that the 360 has a fail rate of above 25% you must still believe that the PS3 has no games.

BOTH of those stupid fanboy beliefs need to die RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!!!

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
joshin69 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
joshin69 said:

you don't think its arrogant & ignorant to knowingly release faulty hardware and expect it to sell?

then i think the statement "Look at the way the act (like god) and look at their followers" would also apply to MS

Their job is to keep Sony down and the succeded at that.

Thank You for proving the point, MS's job is not to keep Sony down, never was never will be. That is just what they wish to do, their mission drive is to utterly destroy a rival. Not delivering good, reliable hardware. Not giving a cheap yet great value product to the masses but to force a company out the gaming business. Admitted by MS themselves. Anyway you are not going to agree with me & I'm not going to see things from your perspective so, later. Have a good one. time for me to leave work.

Stop being so neglectful to memory. Mircosofts system last gen was the most superior console. You blindly act like they cannot deliver quality when you know they can. You look at their mad rush this gen as if it's all they ever did and all they can do.

I'm not saying that they haven't made good quality machines, I'm saying the mission statement they publicly announced was to force a company out the industry, not do make better machines or any other thing that was down to them and their tech, but downfall of another company! "arrogant & ignorant"

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
lhill81 said:

-Wikipedia

That's even worse

umm yeah they tested 1040 xbox to see what the fail rate was and 16% of them failed...so yeah looks like i was right.

Dude get over yourself, RROD is not very widespread any more.

Saying that its above 25% is about as stupid as saying the PS3 has no games...so if you believe that the 360 has a fail rate of above 25% you must still believe that the PS3 has no games.

BOTH of those stupid fanboy beliefs need to die RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!!!

But isn't 5-12% still a ridiculously high failure rate for a console that's been out for 3 yrs now? I mean thats still about 1 in 10 consoles. Microsoft really should have had this problem sorted by now and had the failure rate dropped to within industry standards.

How on earth did this end up as yet another RROD thread? It started with such promise. All 360 threads end in RROD, just like all PS3 threads end in 360 has more AAA games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo
The title "Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?" Will have to included RRoD, its a factor in a lot of peoples thinking.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

binary solo said:
How on earth did this end up as yet another RROD thread? It started with such promise. All 360 threads end in RROD, just like all PS3 threads end in 360 has more AAA games.

After 200+ posts is it surprising that the thread goes off topic and eventually returns to the same old arguments?