By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

Jeronimo66 said:

I know I am, because I feel Sony was getting too much credit and needed to be put in there place, which I feel should not be at the top.

Thank you Microsoft for making this happen.

Update: I am referring to ps3 and 360, for the mentally challenged in the room.

When you mean ahead of PS this generation do you mean

Sales

Hardware

Software

Entertainment

I just want to have better understanding on what your saying

Around the Network
Theory said:
Jeronimo66 said:

I know I am, because I feel Sony was getting too much credit and needed to be put in there place, which I feel should not be at the top.

Thank you Microsoft for making this happen.

Update: I am referring to ps3 and 360, for the mentally challenged in the room.

When you mean ahead of PS this generation do you mean

Sales

Hardware

Software

Entertainment

I just want to have better understanding on what your saying

LOL, Nice try, but it is clear 360 is ahead in hardware and software sales, and the amount of entertainment, i.e. games selection, content on Xbox Live.

I am more happy that Nintendo returned and put the PS3 in place and showed the Xbox who's the man

Well. They deserved it after the comments, ads, price, FUD.....

reptile168 said:
I certainly think it's the best thing to happen to videogame industry that Sony is last place. They deserve it all the way. From being arrogant, to repeatedly break promises or create false publicity, they need to realize that people are smarter than this. The worst part is Sony used one of their best division to win a format war. That, in itself, is a huge sin for all true gamers out there, though thankfully for Sony, some gamers were assimilated by Sony's marketing team.

I don't get this. Firstly this whole thread stinks of fanboy console bashing. It also shows the insecurity of quite a few of you. Like everything that is popular, people must bring it down. Because Sony knows what the fuck they were doing for the last 2 gens and were successful they deserve to be in last this gen?

What exaclty did Sony boast about and not actually do? What promises have they broken, or not working on actually accomplishing?

Yea, Sony is arrogant, and so is Microsoft and Nintendo. What is your point? Sony said people would buy their system regardless of price. Uh....HELLO!!! They were right, they still are the most pricey console in history yet they still maintain to be in the game(which others have never done). Nintendo is now in constant high spirits regardless of the fact majority of their fanbase feels jiped. No matter what you say to them, they come back with "Well we sold more consoles this way so..........you dont matter anymore". Or Microsoft, who never fails to boast about how they are ahead by a measly margin(for a console that came out a yr before and is less then half the price of the PS3). Or how MS relishes in the fact they "convince" 3rd parties to go MPlatform.

And spare me the whining over BD being put into the PS3. It is not a Trojan horse, it is preperation for the future. The whole point of moving into "next gen" is that we MOVE ON from old thought types and practices, try something new. Yet because it is pricey it was a really bad idea right? So what if BD didnt cost as much as it does to put in the PS3, would you still hate it? Ignore the fact that BD killed HD DVD, or that BD is taking hold at a similar pace to DVD did. OH NO, it is SOOOO bad because it is Sony, those arrogant pricks!

This is nothing short of a case of "Kick the champ while he is down" circle jerk.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

I'm very happy Microsoft is whipping Sony's ass in the HD console market this generation,

What would be even better is if Sony leave the gaming market by 2012 (certainly possible), leave it to Nintendo and Microsoft, that would be the icing on the cake and exactly what Sony deserve,

Let the games speak

@OP get a life.

Its about the expectation of the gaming console...

PS2 did a great job last gen, so people might think PS3 will do the same...
but they are wrong... so they tend to hate PS3 for that...

Xbox did a so-so job last gen but look at what 360 achieve nowadays(outselling PS3 by 8million)
so owners of the consoles appreciate what MS did... and proud that they are
ahead of PS3(in terms of sales)...

But really... I am not happy about MS than Nintendo...

I mean Nintendo is the KING right now... 360 is currently 2nd therefore... they only
replicated what they did last gen rank wise...

so the thread is not appropriate...
it should be

Who here are happy that PS3 is currently loose their throne?...

well maybe I am not satisfy about the rank of the 360... if MS wants to be a winner...
they should aim for the throne and beat Nintendo otherwise, I am not happy...

PLAYSTATION®2 is the yesterday.....NOW.......still......A_L_I_V_E

Consoles own:

Nintendo: Famicom(japanese NES, Family Computer), GBC, GBA, DS, Wii

Sony: PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3

Microsoft: future 360 owner

MyBrute

go 360

Cthulhu said:
Let the games speak

@OP get a life.

Don't get banned.