By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
lhill81 said:

PS3 IS A WAY BETTER SYSTEM 2009 YOU WILL SEE, MICROSOFT SALES ARE BETTER BECAUSE OF THERE 33 PERCENT FAIL RATE, EVERYBODY I KNOW , WHICH IS A LOT ARE ALL ON THERE 3-AND 4TH 360, ADD THAT TO THERE SALES, MEANWHILE SONY AND NINTENDO ARE LESS THEN 1 PERCENT FAIL RATE,  WITH THOSE NUMBERS I GUESS 360 WOULD SALE MORE, I HAVE HAD MY 360 FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND ALREADY HAD TO SEND IT TO MICROSOFT, IM ON MY SECOND, I HAVE HAD MY PS3 FOR 2 YEARS AND NOT ONE PROBLEM,  

LoL, you are true but your post is a pain to read

He's completely wrong on all fronts. The Xbox 360 has nowhere near to a 33% failure rate any longer. The 360 has a 3 year warranty for a free replacement of RROD systems, so the accounting for the "extra" sales is off. The 360 is winning because of library, price and Xbox live. Theres nothing correct about what he's saying at all.

i don't really know about 360 because i don't own one but i heard a lot of times about broken 360

i'm sure it's not 33% : P

Its not 33%. Its 32%

you mean was 32%   get your facts right.

Now i would guess that its between 5-12% because they fixed alot of the problems.

I never saw any link saying 360's failure rate is down to 5%-12%. And its not just RROD. Its also this new E74 error and lets not forget scratched discs and overheating

Do you really actually believe that its still 32%???

Discs scratch only when you move the console when there is a game inside while the game is up and running...so that point is out.

overheating would be rrod my friend.

The 5-12% were rough estimates...anyone with even a speckle of common sense would agree with me on that.

But you obviously lack somewhat in the common sense department 

Maybe its not 32% anymore but i beleve  its above 25%. And too bad i can throw my PS3/Wii in the air while game is up and running and my discs STILL wouldn't get scratched, so its still is a failure for 360

Around the Network

wow... a very long thread that it became... hehehehehehe
having a Wii makes me feel that I beat both MS and Sony...
but heck the true battle is in the HD twins...

when I do get my PS360, I'll judge... heheheheh

but i'm happy that 360 is ahead. WHY?
because they learn their lesson last gen... so yeah

but Nintendo still a winner... from bottom they rise to knock Sony's ass
at the throne...

MS should work hard to beat Nintendo(even its impossible) this gen...
bcoz they will never claim the top by beating only Sony...

for Sony... LEARN FOR YOUR MISTAKES... I love PS3 but the price is a turn off...
but PS3 is a great system... i hope Sony still continue to support PS3 just like PS2...
(that's what I like about Sony)

PLAYSTATION®2 is the yesterday.....NOW.......still......A_L_I_V_E

Consoles own:

Nintendo: Famicom(japanese NES, Family Computer), GBC, GBA, DS, Wii

Sony: PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3

Microsoft: future 360 owner

MyBrute

FinalEvangelion said:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543

Funny stuff

LOL!

Anyhow, flamewars are so GAY, real men settle issues with PK in UO!!!    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

BladeOfGod said:
Badassbab said:

Let's ask the OG post starter what they meant by the title of the thread. Common sense says he meant 360 vs PS3 but we don't all have common sense....

He will say he meant PS3 vs. 360 because in that case 360 would win. No way he would say PSP vs. 360 coz 360 PSP( the product made by Sony) would win

Question is 'Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?'

That's the debate. Now since it's the 360 that is ahead of the PS3 this gen, one would assume that's what he meant by his question. If anyone reads it any other way in a serious manner, than there's something wrong with their common sense or their unfamiliar with the various catergories in the hardware sales war.

BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
lhill81 said:

PS3 IS A WAY BETTER SYSTEM 2009 YOU WILL SEE, MICROSOFT SALES ARE BETTER BECAUSE OF THERE 33 PERCENT FAIL RATE, EVERYBODY I KNOW , WHICH IS A LOT ARE ALL ON THERE 3-AND 4TH 360, ADD THAT TO THERE SALES, MEANWHILE SONY AND NINTENDO ARE LESS THEN 1 PERCENT FAIL RATE,  WITH THOSE NUMBERS I GUESS 360 WOULD SALE MORE, I HAVE HAD MY 360 FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND ALREADY HAD TO SEND IT TO MICROSOFT, IM ON MY SECOND, I HAVE HAD MY PS3 FOR 2 YEARS AND NOT ONE PROBLEM,  

He's completely wrong on all fronts. The Xbox 360 has nowhere near to a 33% failure rate any longer. The 360 has a 3 year warranty for a free replacement of RROD systems, so the accounting for the "extra" sales is off. The 360 is winning because of library, price and Xbox live. Theres nothing correct about what he's saying at all.

i don't really know about 360 because i don't own one but i heard a lot of times about broken 360

Its not 33%. Its 32%

Now i would guess that its between 5-12% because they fixed alot of the problems.

I never saw any link saying 360's failure rate is down to 5%-12%. And its not just RROD. Its also this new E74 error and lets not forget scratched discs and overheating

Discs scratch only when you move the console when there is a game inside while the game is up and running...so that point is out.

The 5-12% were rough estimates...anyone with even a speckle of common sense would agree with me on that.

Maybe its not 32% anymore but i beleve  its above 25%. And too bad i can throw my PS3/Wii in the air while game is up and running and my discs STILL wouldn't get scratched, so its still is a failure for 360

lol you really believe its still over 25%   Take the fanboy glasses off already dude. Even if it was 25% (which it isn't) you still get it fixed for free, so whats the big deal.

And why would you move any gaming system while the game is up and running is beyond me.  Its just common sense >_> 

Around the Network
dahuman said:
mjc2021 said:
dahuman said:
mjc2021 said:
dahuman said:
mjc2021 said:
dahuman said:
mjc2021 said:
dahuman said:
RRoD is so last year, it's the year of the E74 ^^b but anyways, Sony's PR pisses me off so much that I want to sell the PS3 but since it's not mine, it's not up to me =P but comparing MS and Sony is like Xbox vs Game Cube, they are both losers so who cares? =P

Funny thing about this gen is the top console has the worst library. Infact this is the first gen I ever felt this.

blame the 3rd party, Nintendo still makes good games /shrug the shift of balance is entirely fucked because of Nintendo, I personally see it as a good thing for us that play video games, tells you that media and 3rd party devs are just a bunch of shit talkers.

I'm not going to point the finger. I'm just going to say the HD consoles offer a much better library of games.

Can't judge that, I enjoy gaming in general, I feel often times that HD console consumers are being farmed for cash so I can't really say it's better, it's more like different kind of market. besides, if you really want to count, it's not HD consoles vs the Wii, it's the 360 vs PS3 vs Wii, in which case then it becomes a moot point since Wii has just as many good games vs each console and maybe you just haven't bothered to check.

I could go with either HD console and find a much better library than what the Wii offers. Also the PS3 and 360 share a lot of great games. When the Wii starts getting games like Oblivion, GTA4, Gears of War, Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Fable 2 let me know. In the mean time I will avoid the big influx of Nintendo games.

sounds to me like you have the same problem as, what's his face? e-something where you only like western games, you can get better on PC and you don't have to pay for live. FPS and WRPG are usually a little more tuned down on consoles and you can't get the full experience, and yes, I do think Gears and Halo 3 suck balls, and Fable 2 is a major cop out, also Mass Effect is a ton better on PC. I generally try to find something that'd put a smile on my face a little more when I'm not playing some PC game with my serious face on, not a lot of offering on consoles nowadays besides Wii which is kinda sad, LBP is cool though, Castle Crashers is cool too, and I like the JP games in general on all platforms assuming they don't suck. I have a pretty high return list when it comes to western type games on consoles though, they either play the same, or there is a better, more enhanced version on PC which is wtf?

Good point, not only are the PS3 and 360 better options than the Wii. But so is the PC.

No matter how you feel about Gears, Halo, Fable, and Mass Effect I still can't games of that caliber on the Wii.

like I said, you like western games, you can't possibly appreciate what I'm trying to find on console gaming.

cheap games?  games optimised for SD tv?  mario playing baseball?

sorry i couldnt resist, i like wii a lot, but 95 percent of the games are shit

worth owning for the other 5 percent, but wow what a library of garbage for the most part

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Update: I am referring to ps3 and 360, for the mentally challenged in the room.

BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:
BladeOfGod said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
lhill81 said:

Its not 33%. Its 32%

Dude...the Jasper got rid of the mass majority of the RROD problem. It's nowhere near 25%

the 360 is a great system.

Sony is getting what it deserves for its arrogance.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

I suppose I am, it motivates Sony to make the PS3 better. It also shows them one can easily go from being first to third and vise-versa (Nintendo being the opposite example).