By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silicon Knights Versus Epic Games- Round 3: Fight!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162819

The legal battle over Unreal Engine 3 enters a new phase, as Silicon Knights filed a motion to dismiss Epic Game's motion to dismiss Silicon Knights' original lawsuit.

Stick with us here. Back in July, Silicon Knights filed a lawsuit against Epic Games, claiming Epic's Unreal Engine 3 did not meet expectations for the development of their storied Xbox 360 game Too Human and that they were not provided with adequate technical support. In August, Epic Games filed a counter-suit and a motion to dismiss the original case, claiming there was nothing in the UE3 license agreement with Silicon Knights that supported their lawsuit, and that they were in breach of contract.

One of the more incendiary claims in the original lawsuit was that Epic deliberately sabotaged competitors' UE3 games in the interest of their own Gears of War. "Epic intentionally and wrongfully has used the fees from those licenses to launch its own game to widespread commercial success while simultaneously sabotaging efforts by Silicon Knights and others to develop their own video games," the original suit read.

Holy crap. Silicon Knights is officially losing it. Sabotage? Yes that's why the game looked horrible in the now infamous E3 video...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Iam really enjoying this little spat.

I just want it to end so I can see Too Human.

Yeah, I thought Too Human would turn out badly.

5,000 posts....go for it!

This needs to go to trial asap so we got more details.

Around the Network

This is typical lawsuit manuevers. The general theme of a legal battle is keep belting until someone gives up or the judge makes a decision. Expect more... Neither will give a millimeter until the judge makes rulings.

Just glad to hear that next month there will be a press event for the game and this stuff isn't going to keep them away from releasing it in Q1 next year. FINALLY!

Soriku said:
Great thread. Will read again.

immitation is the greatest form of....being a copycat

Is there some sort of special bond betwen you and CK? 

This is getting stupid now.When will we expect the lawsuit from Epic saying that they dismiss Silicon Knights lawsuit that dismisses Epic's dismisle of Silicon Knights lawsuit?

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

mitsuhide said:
This is getting stupid now.When will we expect the lawsuit from Epic saying that they dismiss Silicon Knights lawsuit that dismisses Epic's dismisle of Silicon Knights lawsuit?

I hope so, that would be great...

It would be even better if the SK lawyer stood up and yelled "SHENANIGANS!" at the judge afterward.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

they should have made this the bonus episode in Phoenix Wright 3

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout