By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6- Looking Better, Running Smooth as Butter

@makingmusic476, you should post some pics to show the difference from DoA to tekken. This would really help your point that this game is so much better then the rest.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Also, there were some new screenshots put up on the official site earlier this month. Here's one:

Those are some very high-poly character models! How can people say this looks worse than DoA4, VF5, and SC4? This looks better, at least to me (WAY better than DoA and VF). Although, I do think SC4 has much better lighting than any other fighter to date.

What does a screenshot like this show? It isn't in-game and it isn't real-time. It may suggest that the art direction for the FMV's is looking good, but we don't get to play those. For me graphics (for graphics sake) only matter to me when I am playing. Just look at Final Fantasy and you will see what I mean. They promised us when the PS2 came out that the gameplay would look like the cutscenes from the pS1. We still don't play anything that looks that nice.

Edit...sorry if this sounds confrontational...it isn't...just a commentary on screen captures that studiois try to sell us 

Well, the main point of that post was to show the new screens, as this thread is about Tekken. I was just throwing in the comment about DoA, etc. on the side. I don't want to turn this thread into a battle of fighters.

That screen shot is using the in game engine, but it's not actual in game combat which would be lower quality. It could easily be done, but it won't be that crazy quality for the actual fights.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I would rather have good fight mechanics anyday than "crazy quality" but that's why I'm a tekken fan =)

Around the Network

I never said I wouldn't, just saying it's doable but too costly and too much work to do that.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

"The drought is over" Lol, that's golden. There was never a drought, it's always been a steady trickle.

Tekken is always better as an arcade experience and over all I've never understood its appeal being such a simplistic fighter. But there's no arguing its popularity.

johnsobas said:
well i don't really want to derail this thread but fighting games in general since after the dreamcast have not changed much at all. The entire genre of fighting games needs an overahaul.

They did overhaul the genre.  Unfortunately the resulting game was not apparently considered a "real fighting game" so thus we're back to where we started.  Super Smash Bros. was still a lot of fun though.

Words Of Wisdom said:
johnsobas said:
well i don't really want to derail this thread but fighting games in general since after the dreamcast have not changed much at all. The entire genre of fighting games needs an overahaul.

They did overhaul the genre. Unfortunately the resulting game was not apparently considered a "real fighting game" so thus we're back to where we started. Super Smash Bros. was still a lot of fun though.

I consider it a real fighting game, and it's my personal favorite out of the bunch.

anyone here play(ed) at a competitive level? (ie arcades)
or even Tekken 5: online for PS3?

just wondering

I'm definately a fan of fighters - tekken especially but its really too bad they dont work (at a playable level) online.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.