By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Outlawauron's Final Fantasy XIII Demo Impressions

SHMUPGurus said:
outlawauron said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Alrighty. Thanks for the information! =P

What I meant by turn-based is that you now have to enter battles like the old times. I guess I used the bad word here... Still, I have to say it won't be that bad this time because the loadings seem to take less than a few seconds.

There isn't a load for the battle. You pull out your sword, it zooms in on the enemies and then it zooms out to you. That's it and it happens in the matter of 2-3 seconds.

Wait... Since when does a few seconds =/= 2-3 seconds? o_O

Not sure, but it doesn't seem like a load because the scene never changes per se.

It's hard to explain, lol.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I loved the gambits in 12, couldn't have beat Yiazmat without them. Everyone who didn't like them, could just elect not use them. I don't get why people didn't realize that.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

outlawauron said:
SHMUPGurus said:
outlawauron said:
SHMUPGurus said:

What I meant by turn-based is that you now have to enter battles like the old times. I guess I used the bad word here... Still, I have to say it won't be that bad this time because the loadings seem to take less than a few seconds.

There isn't a load for the battle. You pull out your sword, it zooms in on the enemies and then it zooms out to you. That's it and it happens in the matter of 2-3 seconds.

Not sure, but it doesn't seem like a load because the scene never changes per se.

Haha, I've seen the videos, so I know what it looks like. Still... you have to enter into battle.

Oh, and that Result screen is ugly. What is it for?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Pharaoh said:
I loved the gambits in 12, couldn't have beat Yiazmat without them. Everyone who didn't like them, could just elect not use them. I don't get why people didn't realize that.

I tried to force myself to keep playing but couldnt ......this was like over 2 years ago yikes! I still have the saving i believe

SHMUPGurus said:
outlawauron said:
SHMUPGurus said:
outlawauron said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Haha, I've seen the videos, so I know what it looks like. Still... you have to enter into battle.

Oh, and that Result screen is ugly. What is it for?

Not sure exactly, but the TP Bonus is for summon farther down the road.

1UP has an article about changes they're making to the games.

Around the Network

I'm going to Import as soon as I get a 100 bucks

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Pharaoh said:

I like to choose what every one of my characters does in combat that's why gambits irrated me. I knew how to use them perfectly to the point that I was feeling like I was walking my party from one automated fight to the other.

Signature goes here!

ShadowSoldier said:
I'm going to Import as soon as I get a 100 bucks

It only cost me $80 with shipping.

TruckOSaurus said:
Pharaoh said:

I like to choose what every one of my characters does in combat that's why gambits irrated me. I knew how to use them perfectly to the point that I was feeling like I was walking my party from one automated fight to the other.

Yeah, but you could just not use them problem solved right?  I enjoyed gambits, because like I said I couldn't sit through 7 hours of fighting Yiazmat and select each and every action.  Did you beat Yiazmat or hell wyrm?  Honestly tell me if you could have sat there and NOT used gambits for those fights.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

axumblade said:
outlawauron said:
axumblade said:
makingmusic476 said:
My copy should be arriving next week. =)

Thoguh I'm still not quite sure why I ordered it. >_>

Demon's Souls should be arriving soon too!

Either you got caught up in the hype or the opportunity. Either reason works well. :p

I don't think I helped. He asked me to convince to not get it, and I convinced to get it.

That's proof that he wanted it in the first place. If he really wanted to be convinced not to get it, he would have probably gone to someone like twesterm. (I think he said he doesn't like FF).

Yeah, when I posted on his wall I was really thinking, "Help me justify spending 80 bucks!"

If I ask somebody to convince me NOT to do something, I actually want them to convince me to do that something.  Every time.