By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavenly Thread: The Heavely Sword Discussion

Do you thinks characters suffer from over-acting?

Its one of the things penney arcade brought up

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Either Ck is god-like good at this game or I'm just lame, because I keep getting my ass kicked.

Fuzzmosis said:
Hey, did they use the "Loading screen replaced with Cutscene trick" that the Darkness used? Because that definately is something I would like to see used more often. If you don't break the immersement, well, it's... more immersive, and fun?

Actually they do use this and they do it a lot better in my opinion. In the Darkness these were mostly Jackie Estacado making a speech about this or that, in this game the cut scenes are direct story developments so they don't feel like filler as much. And I'm a huge fan of this trick too, totally agree that more games should use it especially this gen with games taking longer to load and stuff.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

sieanr said:
Do you thinks characters suffer from over-acting?

Its one of the things penney arcade brought up

Yes, I can see this complaint if I think about it.  You can definitely think there is over acting, because the characters are mostly very eccentric and over the top so the acting part is also over the top in some instances. I guess it's a love it or hate it thing. If you find the characters funny or entertaining you'll like this but if you don't like the style of humor in the game then I can see this being a complaint.

kber81 said:
Three bosses so far? (chapter 4) ... I thought there are only 4 overall (The Fatman, Freak with blade "wings", Moray chic and Bohan himself). I think The Fatman is the first real boss to face. Did you fight him?

I've face 3 of those, not Bohan. The Fatman is not the first boss, he's actually the third.

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
Either Ck is god-like good at this game or I'm just lame, because I keep getting my ass kicked.

I'm not counting the times where I failed at a quick time event at the end of a boss fight, cause it just goes back to that point and you redo it, I've failed those at least once on each boss. Similar to what happens in RE 4 or GoW, the first time I mess it up often cause it comes unexpected I guess :)

this is really great feedback. I'm dying to get my copy so I can play it now.

And I'm done. 6 Hours and 25 minutes it took the whole game. So yes it's short but I loved it.

-4th chapter was overall the second weakest chapter after the first.

-The 5th and last chapter is the best in the game, beating out the 3rd chapter.

-There is a pretty big difficulty leap in the 4th chapter compared to the parts of the game before it.

-The last two boss fights are the most challenging and best overall in the game. The final boss takes like 20 minutes to beat.

-Died twice on each of the last two bosses.

-Failed parts twice in the last level and had to repeat them.

-The last boss fight is better than the last boss fights of both God of War games, but not as good as some of the other boss fights in those games.

- The 4th chapter was too short and felt unimpressive compared to the others. The 4th boss at the end of the chapter is the first challenging boss of the game and it's a boss you've faced befor returning much stronger.

- The 5th chapter is absolutely amazing. Unbelievably good last chapter in the game. You kill somewhere between 1000 and 1500 people in the last chapter between canon shooting parts and hand to hand combat and that's not an exaggerated number.

- The final boss was the best boss in the game,cool fight but I wish the different parts of the fight were more different :P

- A good ending to the story, won't spoil it for anyone but the story ends in a satisfying and good way.

- Forgot to mention before that the game has this system where it acumulates every time you hit enemies and it adds up and based on that accumulation you unlock extra content like art and more combos as you go. Also, there is a 129 part thing that you gather (I couldn't complete that on my first run through the game) and I dunno what the final reward is but there are three objectives and requirements in each part of each chapter that you complete to get those and they also unlock art.

- I am 110% sure I'll be playing the game again and try to get those objectives I missed and stuff and obviously play through it better.

- If all the chapters were as good as the 3rd and 5th, I would have given the game a 9.5/10, but as it stands it's more like a 9.2/10. My favorite PS3 game so far.

- The whole last chapter was really fitting and really out there for the game. Maybe the most epic level I have ever played (as in the size and scope of it).

- I admit that I want more of it to play now :P will probably replay it not too long from now (but I do have other games I still haven't played through).

- Also the game has only one difficulty until you beat the game then you unlock hell mode which is the higher difficulty so that should take care of the 'easiness' of most of the game for the next time I play. The last boss was actually good in another way, in that there were no health pots around in the fight, making it tougher. I wish they had done this with all the boss fights because it's a lot funner and more challenging that way.

If anyone is wondering about any other questions ask away, I think I covered everything I wanted to cover in the impressions.

ck, are you including tutorials in your game time? Are there pre-game tutorials you played through? Are you including cutscenes also?

I'm pretty excited to play the game now.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
ck, are you including tutorials in your game time? Are there pre-game tutorials you played through? Are you including cutscenes also?

I'm pretty excited to play the game now.

Cutscenes are included. The first level begins with tutorial-ish aspects in that it tells you what you're supposed to be doing, but there is no tutorial of its own, its part of the first chapter.

You gotta include cutscenes though... it's part of the game, do you ever not include cutscenes in the length of a game, I mean would I have to time cutscens and remove them from the total time? lol.

Also one of the cut scenes you actually play in (think RE 4), I wish they had more of those. Basically, I have extremely high hopes for the sequel now. I mean they got the basics set now, the next one they make it longer and tougher and I am all over it.