By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit slammed in early preview/score

what the internet has done to the legitimacy of journalism is a fu---ng UN war crime

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

The Conduit may not be the best shooter ever made, but giving a numerical score for preview build of a game is not very professional.

Do not trust Swedish game magazines/sites, especially when they use words like "kalkonkultiga" XD
And trying to judge controls by how they have been in other games by other developers is kind of...weird

theRepublic said:
darthdevidem01 said:
TWRoO said:
From what they said about the controls I am not sure they played it, (and I am not saying this in a "how can they suck!" biased way, I mean the way they phrased the bit about the controls as if they hadn't tried them, but were hoping they were better than other shooters)

thats what people said when LAIR got its first bad review

come on they wouldn't lie so blatantly

This was not a review.  This was someone saying how hyped they were for the game.  Their hype was at 2/5, not the game.

That makes more sense.

TWRoO said:
From what they said about the controls I am not sure they played it, (and I am not saying this in a "how can they suck!" biased way, I mean the way they phrased the bit about the controls as if they hadn't tried them, but were hoping they were better than other shooters)

Well that and... most Wii shooters have great controls....

Around the Network

this game is bullshit

Kasz216 said:
TWRoO said:

Yeah Red Steel was great!

Hm, we'll see soon enough how good it's really.

But please guys, don't stick to the generic and grey stuff. It's probably just a translation problem. I'm not too sure about swedish, but in german grey is just a synonym for something which just doesn't invent a genre from the ground up. A solid game with no really new inventions. But it got nothing at all to do with colours itself.

@Majin-Tenshinhan could you clarify that?

If it turns out well then the Wii will have a solid title.

If it bombs then we'll be hearing about the fallout for months to come.

Win/win.

PLAYSTATION 3 said:
Kasz216 said:
TWRoO said:

Yeah Red Steel was great!

Red Steel's controls weren't that bad... and it was one of the worst shooters on the Wii control wise. 

It had room for improvement, but i'd still lay my money on a Reed Steel type control scheme vs a dual analog one in a multiplayer game.