By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has really abandoned their best selling IPs.

Nintendo's best selling IPs are Mario, Pokémon and Zelda.

Mario has gotten Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros.

Pokémon has gotten Pokémon Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.

Zelda has gotten Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass, and now Spirit Tracks is upcoming.

Your assumption is wrong. Nintendo may have abandoned some of their popular IPs(I don't think they have, but I can see why some people might), but they have by no means abandoned their best selling IPs.

Around the Network

Besides Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, how come we don't get any Donkey Kong games or Luigi games or Kirby games. I think everyone can agree that they would like to see another Luigi's Mansion.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Snake612 said:
Besides Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, how come we don't get any Donkey Kong games or Luigi games or Kirby games. I think everyone can agree that they would like to see another Luigi's Mansion.

We don't get Donkey Kong because since Rare left, Nintendo seem unsure what to do with the franchise.

We do get Kirby, check out the DS. Kirby Super Star Ultra, one of the best games for the system. Also Kirby has been in development for Wii for some time. So they sure haven't abandoned it. Worked slowly, perhaps, but not abandoned.

Luigi is hardly a major franchise. Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people would like another Luigi's Mansion, but not making one does not mean Nintendo is ignoring it's franchises. You aren't doing very well here.

Snake612 said:

We already did get a Donkey Kong game.   And I don't think EVERYONE wants a new Luigi's Mansion game.   I don't.  I'd prefer they use those resources towards the next Mario game instead.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I wish you stated your topic more clearly.

I think Snake612 is trying to say,where is Donkey Kong 64 (Wii)?

Where is Kirby 64 (Wii)?
Star Fox (?)
Pilotwings...(?)

Nintendo has several IPs they are just not using especially Donkey Kong. I know if Sony had those IPs (I AM NOT SAYING THEY WOULD USE THEM BETTER OR ANY OTHER FOOLISHNESS) they would milk them. There would be 9 Star Foxs in 9 years like Ratchet & Clank.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
They already have a mario, zelda Smash Brothers, paper mario, and metroid game this gen (zelda is arguable, but there is certainly one coming), Kid icarus is on the way, the maker of starfox has no interest in making another one right now, Punch out has been brought back from the grave, I don't see the problem.

I agree with this post down to one point.

Who CARES that the original developer for Starfox doesn't want to make another? Does he REALLY have a say in it? If Nintendo wants a game made for a franchise that THEY own, it will get made. And, if that guy works for Nintendo still, then he'll REALLY have no say in whether or not he works on it.

Seriously. People keep taking his viewpoint as "OMG NO STARFOX THIS GEN NOOOOOOOOO!111111111~1!!!" when really, he's got absolutely no control over it whatsoever.

It's like saying that I'm the guy that created a certain pizza that a local pizza chain makes, while I was working for them. However, I own no rights to that pizza whatsoever, so even if they changed the quality of the ingredients and I said it wouldn't be the same thing anymore, I would have absolutely no say over whether or not that pizza was still on the menu. At all.

/rant

Sorry Vagabond. That's not directed solely at you; you're just what set me off. =|

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
The_vagabond7 said:
They already have a mario, zelda Smash Brothers, paper mario, and metroid game this gen (zelda is arguable, but there is certainly one coming), Kid icarus is on the way, the maker of starfox has no interest in making another one right now, Punch out has been brought back from the grave, I don't see the problem.

I agree with this post down to one point.

Who CARES that the original developer for Starfox doesn't want to make another? Does he REALLY have a say in it? If Nintendo wants a game made for a franchise that THEY own, it will get made. And, if that guy works for Nintendo still, then he'll REALLY have no say in whether or not he works on it.

Seriously. People keep taking his viewpoint as "OMG NO STARFOX THIS GEN NOOOOOOOOO!111111111~1!!!" when really, he's got absolutely no control over it whatsoever.

/rant

Sorry Vagabond. That's not directed solely at you; you're just what set me off. =|

He's not even the original developer. He's just a guy who worked on... I think, 3D modeling? He has no say whatsoever what happens to the franchise and he never did. He just helped out a bit with it.

In what generation did Nintendo release all of its IP’s the first year? You know games take time to make and this generation is far from over so you need to wait! Be patient and you will get what you want!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

kid icarus, nope factor 5 making a third erson shooter and pilotwings instead
kirby- in development at HAL Laboratry, might not make it out this year
Donkey Kong- i see EAD Tokyo working on the next mario rather than the next donkey kong
Star Fox- im guessing its being made by EAD1, will prob be a summer 2010 title

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia