By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Vs The Financial Times

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162770

The FT numbers come from NPD, GfK and Enterbrain. I have very quickly calculated the VGChartz numbers for the same time frame and markets. Please feel free to correct any mistakes.

FT    VGChartz 

Wii:    9.0         9.1

360:   8.9         9.1

PS3:   3.7         3.7

VGChartz appears to be very acurate for all 3 consoles. 

Around the Network

good work ioi and the mods

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

But this can't be right, I heard ioi was biased against the 360!

All sarcasm aside, WTG ioi. I remember when we got Sony's official numbers last quarter and you were dead on. Looks like you're still dead on for all three consoles.

where are you getting the vgc numbers from? Going back to end of July on the WW weekly i get 9.9 million Wiis, 10.3 million 360s and 4 million ps3s. that's not including the August Jp numbers [article says it was up till end of July for GFK/NPD but till end of August for Enterbrain]

As far as I am aware GfK doesn't track console sales in the UK so I subtracted the UK numbers from the totals.

Around the Network

^ really, i thought it was GfK who reported the 1million in 38 weeks thing.
Also i have had letters sent to me which were surveys of what i did/planned to do after GCSE [compulsory education]... they were from some people called TNS who were working for/funded by GfK NoP... so they definately do stuff in UK.

Still, subtracting UK numbers and getting those figures is too much a coincidence, they must not do UK numbers. edit; ok it was chart track reporting the UK million.

i like vg chartz

^ it's an excellent site, though reading that i do wish it could have stayed as vg charts instead of chartz.... if you're still here ioi how come it changed, do .com sites get more hits than .org or something?