By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most meaningful game(s) you've ever played?

Metroid Fusion.

Unusual, yes. Don't ask.

Around the Network

Hmm, the most meaningful games, a.k.a. Games Which Made Us Cry... here are my top three:

"Max Payne" (2001). Great storyline, great cut-scenes, great voice-acting and characters, tremendous sound-track, dynamite game-play.

"Metal Gear Solid 3" (2004). [Subsistence version of game] This needs no explanation. Kojima is simply a genius.

"Final Fantasy 12" (2006). Blows the roof off the RPG genre. Light-years beyond any of the other FF games, due to the subtlety and complexity of the characters, voice-acting, dialogue, scripting, and the geopolitical savvy of the storyline.

Pong.

Another vote for Both Games in the Baten Kaitos series. Together they work better (Weird, sequels to games that make sense storyline wise and mesh well.)

After devoting most of my gaming time to RPG's after the age of 12 (Well, and quake), I was comfortable and happy with the standard story. Baten Kaitos then throws a new perspective, which was cool, combat that was somewhat skill and somewhat luck dependant, and then the story. Well, if you havn't played it, go for it. First one contains my favorite RPG plot twist, the second one contains a fantastic plot twist, but only if you played the first game. Plus any game where you can get pac-man as an item is a fantastic game. Warning: DO NOT GET PAC-MAN AS AN ITEM. Just a FYI.

"This is what we call a love quandrangle. Quadrangle? Me, Lin and who else?
Me.
What? You're a robot!
So? Is it wrong for a robot to love a human?
Yes! I mean No!"

"She was just a whore who worked for me before she was your mother."

Sigh. Now I gotta buy those games.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

fkusumot said:

Pong.

lmao another game that got me really involved was killing time on the 3DO. it was the very best fps of it's time, it had a super spooky horror storyline that was unheard of then in a fps. it came out just after doom, too bad more people didn't get the chance to play it.

Around the Network

Killing Time rocked in a serious way...

If you enjoyed that, you might've/would've/should've enjoyed Clive Barker's Undying as well... 

vizunary said:
fkusumot said:

Pong.

lmao another game that got me really involved was killing time on the 3DO. it was the very best fps of it's time, it had a super spooky horror storyline that was unheard of then in a fps. it came out just after doom, too bad more people didn't get the chance to play it.

It was meaningful. It was in 1971 or 1972 and I was visiting the Ben Franklin Museum in Philadelphia, PA. There was a computer there, probably a PDP-10 but I'm not certain. At the time it seemed like it was as big as two refrigerators stuck together. There was a small CRT monitor mounted in a wooden box and a large toggle switch mounted on a board. The toggle switch made the "paddle" move up or down. The game was single player PONG with the "ball" hitting a backboard. The object of the game was to keep the ball in play.

There was a line of people waiting to play and you lost your turn playing after two missed balls. I stood in line for a couple of hours and got to play twice. Definitely a foreshadowing of what was to come. I was in one of the best museums in the US and I "wasted" my time playing a video game... it was pretty meaningful.

the games that have been the most meaningful to me have had awesome music, and been rpgs for the most part. thinking about them brings back a nice nostalgia. also, mario 64 gets thrown in there even though the music isn't ... well, it fits. but it's not memorable.

1. final fantasy 6
2. chrono trigger
3. secret of mana
Edit:3.5: Kingdom hearts
4. final fantasy 4
5. final fantasy 7
6. final fantasy 9

then mario 64 somewhere.
also pretty fond of mario rpg, super mario world, ocarina of time. and the music in a link to the past makes me pretty happy.

haven't gotten around to kingdom hearts 2 yet, or ffx or ffxii.

anyone else find a strong correlation with the music?

You Spoony Bard!

fkusumot said:
vizunary said:
fkusumot said:

Pong.

It was meaningful. It was in 1971 or 1972 and I was visiting the Ben Franklin Museum in Philadelphia, PA. There was a computer there, probably a PDP-10 but I'm not certain. At the time it seemed like it was as big as two refrigerators stuck together. There was a small CRT monitor mounted in a wooden box and a large toggle switch mounted on a board. The toggle switch made the "paddle" move up or down. The game was single player PONG with the "ball" hitting a backboard. The object of the game was to keep the ball in play.

There was a line of people waiting to play and you lost your turn playing after two missed balls. I stood in line for a couple of hours and got to play twice. Definitely a foreshadowing of what was to come. I was in one of the best museums in the US and I "wasted" my time playing a video game... it was pretty meaningful.

wow that is pretty cool, i didn't think of it like that. @your mother, so your the OTHER person that owned a 3DO? i was 13-14 when i spent $600 on that thing, and trust me that $600 was a HELL of a lot more than the $600 i spent when i got a PS3, my mom wouldn't pay for any of my gaming after she got an atari 7800.

vizunary said:

Killing Time was an awesome game.  I still have it actually, and my 3DO.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)