By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rock Band ackage differences?

Saw on G4 the other day that Harmonix had announced that the PS3 will get wireless guitar controllers and the 360 won't, apparently due to the higher cost of MS's wireless technology.....anybody think that could affect sales one way or the other? And why would MS's wireless controllers be more expensive than Sony's?

Also I just realized I misspelled "package" in the title.... 

Around the Network

/wtb a P?

Honestly I think people are going to go for the best value they can get among the consoles they own. So in that regards yes it will probably effect sales. And I think the majority of people will be getting it in this order:

1-Wii - $90 - Wireless & Rumble
2-PS3 - $100 - Wireless
3-360 - $100 - No Wireless

Now I am not saying that the Wii version is going to sell the most I am saying that among the people who want the game the majority are going to rank the value of the packages in that order and are going to buy accordingly among the consoles they own.

So if the game hits big in the PS3's key demographics it could sell more on the PS3 despite the lower persieved value and install base.

Hopefully that makes some amount of sense.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I wonder if the same goes for Guitar Hero 3....if the 360 wireless components are more expensive, if the guitars are wireless on 360, they might end up costing more...