By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid Prime Online Multiplayer Beta - Fan Made - Full Video

Before you give me a lecture about how Metroid doesn't need online multiplayer and how its a first person adventure etc etc. Sit down and hear me out. But before that i would like to apologize that the title is a bit misleading. Only a bit.

Anyway im sure most people here would argue that theres no need for online multiplayer; I would have to disagree, Metroid Prime Hunters showed me that there is potential for a metroid multiplayer to be successful (as long as you dont try to slap a shoddy watered downone player experience).  If it were up to me, I would release a all mutiplayer metriod game for the ds ( a la warhawk) and drop all attempts to making a story with it in order to polish the online multiplayer.

Ive played my share of several ps2, ds, gamecube, ps3, xbox, and xbox360 online fps's and I have a pretty decent understanding of what creates a fluid and engaging multiplayer.

If that is to happen tho, these need to be addressed:

- Health

Health needs to be regenerative and not based on health orbs/kits. I honestly dont know how they would incorporate this but its the only way to create a fun mutiplayer expierience.  People abusing health spawn locations is no fun, and kills the whole game. If I was desperate, i would do the original halo approach (sorry for quoting halo for a metriod game but its original layout is perfect for metroid). Have a rechargable shield but also with a health bar that deteriorates afterwards once your shield is down. (health bar cannot be recharged). Players would have to play carefully but aggressively trying to defeat enemies before their shields fail and they take actual damage.

- Ammo

There should never have ammo crates in a multiplayer game.  You would pick up the gun and it would come with ammo already in it. If you wanted more you would have to find that same gun and walk over it to replenish your ammo. In resistance fall of man, its almost im possible to find the right ammo crate with the right gun. Theres just to many guns and spawn locations that its rare.  As for Metroid, samus should start off with her power beam, that regerates over time, and has infinite ammo. They got that right in h

Screw it , I lost my train of thought and im just blabbering. Edit it later.

Heres a video of a few passionate and talented freelance programmers spending years just to perfect a Metroid Online game.   Nintendo needs to pay attention to these talented guys/girls.

Full Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/80867.html

I honestly hope nintendo makes a 2D metroid and a online metroid minus the story mode, for the ds.  

Around the Network

That looks like ass...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

lol, for a community mod with that engine and how little they knew starting out it looks pretty good. I don't think many people appreciate the work it takes to mod.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
lol, for a community mod with that engine and how little they knew starting out it looks pretty good. I don't think many people appreciate the work it takes to mod.

Guess what?  I happen to know...  this was what I use to do... and from what I see... it looks like ass.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.