By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The "let's bash the wii" weekend

Lucky for Nintendo it's only weekends. Sony has weekdays.... ;)

Around the Network

after 3 years, it's hard to call it a fad anymore, the install base is way too large for that.

RolStoppable said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
I'm a bit amazed that Anti-Wii Week 2008 is almost exactly around the same time it happened last year too. And always spurred on by NPD numbers.

I was going to chronicle AWW 07 right after it happened. I wish I did now.

Last year it was in May after NPD numbers for April came in. The hardcore world was in trouble after GTA IV failed to put a dent into the Wii's armor or something like that. This year the big game was released in March and it failed just like Rockstar's game a year earlier. I think some people just can't let it go and still hope that the Wii fad will hopefully end one day.

But before GTA IV was even released, there was a bunch of Wii hate.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

thanks for those links.

yet another "pretty please, stop picking on the Wii" threads..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
sega4life said:

yet another "pretty please, stop picking on the Wii" threads..

Don't you dare pretend the Wii bashing is reasonable.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

RolStoppable said:
dahuman said:
after 3 years, it's hard to call it a fad anymore, the install base is way too large for that.

But still, the bubble has to burst someday.

Or does it... ;)

Wikipedia: "Soap bubbles usually last for only a few moments before bursting: either on their own or on contact with another object."

Aw crap... >.<

How technical is your game?

i only can see the wii appealing to younger kids and older adults that only play casual multiplayer games, yet it sells so good, i don't get it

Those GameDaily and Aeropause ones had to be jokes. If you read them, they're filled with inaccuracies and some of the flimsiest arguments i've ever seen. GameDaily especially should be ashamed of itself, though they recently made the laughable prediction that Nintendo would issue backwards compatibility updates for many games for Motion Plus

Aeropause said that Overkill was made by Capcom.

Pathetic.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Those GameDaily and Aeropause ones had to be jokes. If you read them, they're filled with inaccuracies and some of the flimsiest arguments i've ever seen. GameDaily especially should be ashamed of itself, though they recently made the laughable prediction that Nintendo would issue backwards compatibility updates for many games for Motion Plus

Aeropause said that Overkill was made by Capcom.

Pathetic.

Innaccuracies to you, and what should be to them.