By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG No more heroes gains momentum

Shown at the last day of the GDC, Suda 51 showed of the latest trailer of no more heroes: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9807 Everything shown in the trailer is in-game content of the wii exclusive titel: 'No more heroes' formerly known as 'Heroes'. They also stated that they are currently working on 3 wii exclusive titels, having the same graphical design as found in killer 7 and in no more heroes. They are also working on several heavily tekstbased games for the nintendo DS. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'Nice to see such heavy Wii support from Japan' 'I want this game SO BAD, is it going to be released worldwide?!'

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

No More Heroes is actually part of the 3 Wii titles, so there working on 2 others beside this. The DS games are The Silver Case and The Silver Case Word 25. There remakes of their first games and I doubt they will make it out of Japan. Link to DS games: http://ds.ign.com/articles/771/771988p1.html At first I was kind of disappointed with the trailer. The music was great and the art style is top notch. What I noticed was a sort of slow frame rate or glitches of some sort. I watched the video a couple of times and I realized the only place this really occurred was when he was riding the motorcycle. The backround wasn't moving at a smooth rate when he was driving. Besides from that it was good. I got tricked because there were pauses in the fights, but they were because he was doing a special move. I like the supplex. So after watching I gotta say it is looking great. Framerate problems will be fixed before the game is done, but the music, the art, and the battles have me hyped. The battles really got my attention, they have some kind of combo scheme that looks interesting. They also finally fixed the main characters voice work.

I thought it was interesting, but wasn't blown away. Looking forward to seeing more. If they are serious about making it some form of "sandbox" game, needs more detail in the terrain and world in general. I finished Killer7 - hated it at first, then it grew on me. Had some of the most surreal scenes/story I have ever seen/read, and that alone is enough to get me interested. I find it interesting that Killer7 would be more suited to the Wiimote ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I think this game will be good. I will probably rent first to ensure there are no gameplay issues as seen in Red Steel. As that game had a ton on potential.

Looks good

Around the Network

Good to see such adult-like games will come to the WII, not my thing really, but it will sure shut the mouths of people who keep on yapping the WII is a "kids toy" Tekstbased DS games? Am curious. The only game they've made so far for the DS is Contact. Haven't played it (yet) as I'm not sure if it's such a stunning game.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

One mature game does not make a mature console. Just because the Wii gets 2-3 games that are M rated or near M rated doesn't really help it alot when the largest publisher never has made an M rated game (Nintendo itself). Wii isn't a kids toy...It's a kids, party and old people's toy ;)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I'm not a party game person, I'm not a kid and I'm not old as I'm 30, so in what category do I fall? And don't even think about it to call me a non gamer as I game for over 12 years and have always played on Nintendo and Playstation consoles with the last past 4 years buying over 170 Japanese games!!

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

I think it's cool that they have some mature games though.

The "Kiddiest" game I've ever played is the GTA series. It's ragingly juvenile and childish. They should change the rating from Mature to Vulgar, as very few M titles are actually Mature. Rant over. P.S. And yes, these vulgar and juvenile games can be quite fun.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.