By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why hasn't any Wii developer licensed the Conduit's engine?

Even from the videos and screenshot it's obvious that the Conduit is running great graphics, surpassed only by super mario galaxy.

HVS did a great job in developing the engine, and the engine possibilities were demoed plenty of time ago. I'm puzzled why there aren't any announced games using the engine, especially considering that most of the big publishers were caught with their pants down regarding the Wii success.

I know that Sega is the publisher for the Conduit, but i assume that HVS still has the right of selling the engine to other devs, and because they're a relatively small team, i doubt that their engine has the price range of unreal 3 or similar engines.

I would really like to see this engine used more in Wii games, and not forcing the last-gen visuals onto wii (*cough* lucasarts *cough*), because even if you consider that gameplay is more important than graphics, if you know that the Wii has better visual presentation abilities, doesn't it bother you that the devs are too lazy to make it happen?

Around the Network

Probably because they are going to wait until the game is released. A proven engine is worth more than an unproven one. Even if the games sales are abysmal the value of the engine can remain high depending on reviews and what most developers see from it.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

2 Reasons.

1. Publishers want to see the end results first before signing any deals.

2. HVS has stated before that they are not actively shopping around the Quantum 3 game engine.

Both of those may change after The Conduit releases.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

How do you know it hasn't been licensed? It probably would not be announced until such a title near release, if ever.