By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics: Resident Evil 5 360 > Killzone 2?

Bit late for jokes now dude don't you think?...even if you compare RE5 to uncharted( a 2007 game) it still can't match uncharted then how can you even compare RE5 to KZ2?...how would I know?? I own both and finished both games.

Around the Network
786_ali said:
NeoRatt said:
Sorry.

I own a PS3 and think KZ2 is just a solid FPS that brings nothing significantly new gameplay wise to the genre.

I love the 360 (I own over 500 games for mine)...

But, graphically KZ2 is the bar to which all games are measured right now...

I think that RE5 pulls off a better color palette then KZ2... For that matter I think Gears 2, and Unchartered does so as well. But when you look at the details, the smoke, explosions, the lighting and everything, KZ2 is the best there is. Graphics isn't just about the backdrops, it is about everything visual.

To me the combination of graphics, sound, and gameplay make a shooter great... KZ2 is not the best out there when all three are combined...

Please quote the post or phrase which gave you permission to troll about KZ2's gameplay and call it a bad game. This discussion is regarding graphics.

I just said its not the best...  I never said it was bad.  You added the commentary...

this thread is full of jokes lol.

in conclusion, we have RE5 > KZ2. VGA>DVI/HDMI. and RE5 is "scary".

Shadowblind said:

Some of the weapons look a little funky, but I've always thought that Resident Evil 5 and Killzone were essentially on the same footing. Of course if it was exclusive to either the 360 or PS3, of course it would look better then Killzone 2.

Maybe you can say that you like them in equal amount. I won't dispute of personal taste. But, really there's no technical comparison.

Particles, environmental effects, animations, physics, postprocessing, lighting, amount of action on screen... everything in KZ2 is just so much better.

In RE5 you basically have a some nicely detailed models, some good textures where it counts and stark lighting. But it's basically little more than RE4 in HD with a few more details. It's really skin-deep.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

No, RE5 looks great, but not as good, at first I thought it looked better than MGS4, but I started playing again and found out I was wrong, MGS4 has some awesome graphics.

Around the Network
donkeykong88 said:
Cobretti2 said:
NeoRatt said:
Sorry.

I own a PS3 and think KZ2 is just a solid FPS that brings nothing significantly new gameplay wise to the genre.

I think that RE5 pulls off a better color palette then KZ2... For that matter I think Gears 2, and Unchartered does so as well. But when you look at the details, the smoke, explosions, the lighting and everything, KZ2 is the best there is. Graphics isn't just about the backdrops, it is about everything visual.

To me the combination of graphics, sound, and gameplay make a shooter great... KZ2 is not the best out there when all three are combined...

No doubt about 480 pirated games.

loooool, I think any that compares both games can't argue that re5 looks better than kz2. Yes its a great looking game but falls miles short of kz2 has offered.

All my games are original purchases...  Photo of my 360 collection...

http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=551

This is getting pathetic, we've gone over that argument plenty of times. Stop trying to find a better looking console game than Killzone 2, there is none. At least, not until Uncharted 2.

786_ali said:
NeoRatt said:
Sorry.

Please quote the post or phrase which gave you permission to troll about KZ2's gameplay and call it a bad game. This discussion is regarding graphics.

Umm he didn't say it was bad nor would i say he is trolling, he just said that its not the best fps out there...his opinion doesn't have to agree with yours.  

Not even close. Ok, if you like the art style better, then I will let you say that RE5's graphics are better than Killzone 2's. But from an objective technical perspective, it really is no contest.

And NeoRatt, that is an obscene number of games to own.

WereKitten said:
Shadowblind said:

Some of the weapons look a little funky, but I've always thought that Resident Evil 5 and Killzone were essentially on the same footing. Of course if it was exclusive to either the 360 or PS3, of course it would look better then Killzone 2.

Maybe you can say that you like them in equal amount. I won't dispute of personal taste. But, really there's no technical comparison.

Particles, environmental effects, animations, physics, postprocessing, lighting, amount of action on screen... everything in KZ2 is just so much better.

In RE5 you basically have a some nicely detailed models, some good textures where it counts and stark lighting. But it's basically little more than RE4 in HD with a few more details. It's really skin-deep.

Those textures and decently detailed models then are doing a hell of a good job of making it look equal to Killzone 2. Whether its smoke and mirrors or technical supperiority to me doesn't mean jack, I base best graphics off what I see. To me they look equal.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.