By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Selling MMO accounts?

Aj_habfan said:
Okay, I found someone online who wants to pay in cash. Problem is, he wants to meet in person to do it. His e-mail name has thug in it. What do I do, lol.

What kind of thug is a computer nerd that likes MMOs? :p

Around the Network

I've sold quite a few FFXI accounts, it's really quite simple if you can find the right site (sites with a middleman) so you don't lose your money, or your account.

The site I used to use no longer exists, but yeah, look for a site with a good rep and a middleman system and go with that. It's a pretty lucrative business, I made somewhere in the range of $8,000 selling accounts.

Orca_Azure said:
Aj_habfan said:
Okay, I found someone online who wants to pay in cash. Problem is, he wants to meet in person to do it. His e-mail name has thug in it. What do I do, lol.

What kind of thug is a computer nerd that likes MMOs? :p

Yea, that's what I was thinking. He said we should meet at my house so he doens't get ripped off. Something doesn't seem right...

AE86 said:
I've sold quite a few FFXI accounts, it's really quite simple if you can find the right site (sites with a middleman) so you don't lose your money, or your account.

The site I used to use no longer exists, but yeah, look for a site with a good rep and a middleman system and go with that. It's a pretty lucrative business, I made somewhere in the range of $8,000 selling accounts.

Cool, that's ideally what I would like to happen...

Against ToS, illegal...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
AE86 said:

Cool, that's ideally what I would like to happen...

It's also better if the site you're using is forum based, since most scammers will be known and will have been banned. Be very careful and research what you're doing before you get into it, you can get screwed over pretty quick, and nobody will help you.

Major note for all people who want to buy: If you're paying over the internet, USE YOUR CREDIT CARD.

That way if you somehow do get scammed you can call up your credit card company and ask them to revoke the charge and just tell them you were scammed.

Ail said:
Against ToS, illegal...

How is it illegal? Of course it's against the rules for most games, but why should I care?

Don't go for sites like IGE and such, the bigger sites will try to screw you over in as many ways possible. The best way to sell it is independently directly to another person through a middleman. If you sell to the bigger MMO currency/character sites they will try sell your account for more than its worth (making it take longer) and they will give you almost nothing when its sold.

Definitely look for a forum based system.

Yea, that sounds good. I think will ignore this guy from now on, lol.

Aj_habfan said:
Ail said:
Against ToS, illegal...

How is it illegal? Of course it's against the rules for most games, but why should I care?

You're selling something that doesn't belong to you....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !