By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - $469 60 gig PS3s.

For what it's worth I was at the Mall today and FYE was selling some 60 gigs for $469.

Sure that's only 30 bucks cheaper then retail, but worth it for those of you looking for a PS3.  I mean that's close to half a game.  I saw a couple posts online where FYE's in Washington and Florida were running the same promotion so if you live in the US there might be a good chance of finding one for that price.

Odd because usually they overprice stuff.

Around the Network

Getting rid of their last 60gb stock?

I was in gamestop yesterday and I guy came in looking for a new 60gb, but they were all out.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

it's probably like their bullshit $30 rebate for the PSP i never got back.

That's not too shabby....maybe they got wind of the possible impending price drop and want the rest of their stock gone before the 40 gig one goes on sale? If so, maybe they'll announce it at TGS....as kasz said, usually FYE overprices things...maybe they have some additional reason they want to get rid of them. I mean, that's only 60 bucks more than everyone is speculating the price drop will put the 40 gig at. If it goes through, that is.

All i see is them dropping old stock for new stuff it happens with all products, like when they bring in the new Tv's and try to force last years out the door for $500-$1000 under normal prices.  Just this last week ToysRus is dropping the price of the GC by 50%.

Around the Network

Well, yeah, but what new stuff?

Apostrovich said:
Well, yeah, but what new stuff?

I would imagine the 80gb units.

They have a huge stock of 80 gigs. Regardless, i wasn't trying to suggest any trends or anything, just offering advice to those planning on buying a PS3. If you were gettin someone a PS3 for X-mas that might be the perfect place to pick one up.

Most likely it's just the systems have been sitting aroun forever and they want to get rid of em. The FYE's around me always have a lot of PS3s.

Of course i don't think that has so much to do with the PS3 selling bad as it does that both FYE's are surrounded by gamestops and toy stores. Most likely this holds true for most FYE's.

Like seriously, since both are in malls. My one mall has a Gamestop, and a Second gamestop... and then in the same shopping center/block there is a third Gamestop. With a Toys R Us across the street.

While the other mall with FYE has a gamestop inside the store, a gamestop across the street... and a gamestop two lights down inside a shopping center.

Apparently around me Video Games > Coffee since we don't have nearly that many starbucks. The only franchise remotley close is Subway.

That's not even counting general electronic stores like Circuit City and Best Buy.

actually, i saw a FYE selling the 60GB PS3s for $469 in New Jersey 2-3 weeks after the price drop. I don't know what it means, and I really don't think it means anything at all. Maybe they figure they can make back the $30 on increased game sales.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

sieanr said:
Getting rid of their last 60gb stock?

I was in gamestop yesterday and I guy came in looking for a new 60gb, but they were all out.

That's the way it was at Best Buy today. They used to have a cage full of at least 40 60Gbs, but today they had 2 on the shelf and the cage was empty.  They were also sold out of 80Gbs, suprisingly.