By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 2007 Fanboy Elimination Game.

Your numbers are a bit off...

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
You guys do realize the goal is to lose? This should be a crown that nobody wants. The faster you fall off the list the better. The ones that remain on the list the longest are fanboys that border on the realm of trolls. Congratulations Rol your a wonderful poster unbiased and professional in your posting. Your word should carry a lot of weight. Those bordering on twenty already should truly be ashamed. Damn I am shocked nobody has smacked me with a minus mark yet. Come on guys I am a decent unbiased poster. I just put my name on the list to prove that point. Ouch for me.

Soriku 19
SuperChunk 13
Segata Sanshiro 12
kber81 12 +1
Astrodust 11
dtewi 11
Joeykanga 11
Dodece 11
dgm6780 11
nintendo_fanboy 10
valen200 10
tombi123 10
Gebx 10
Rhonin the wizard 10
grandmaster192 10
Lost tears of Kain 10
cebrian 10
tiachopvutru 9 -1
johnsobas 9
Tispower 9
omgwtfbbq 9
fazz 8
kn 8
homelesscarl 8
W29 8
twesterm 6 -1

Eliminated:

1. RolStoppable

New rules: Add 1 point (+) to a person, deduct 1 point (-) from 2 different persons.

1x (+)
2x (-)

Actually I feel the point is to win. There are some people that are not ashamed or insecure that they are willing to say they like a certain system. This is not to say they dont play all games just that they are drawn to either Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft. Nintendo fans seem the most fearless imo. I applaud everyone who is on the list.

I approve of the new rules by the way. The only thing that some people have missed is that if you add yourself to the list, you are still aloud to give yourself a point if you choose which will put you at 11. Gl all.

By the way, thanks RolStoppable for making sure the points have been adding up.

I fixed the problem from the last post. Looks like he was using an older post to base the scores on. I think It's right, please check.

Soriku 20
SuperChunk 13
kber81 13
Segata Sanshiro 12
Astrodust 11
dtewi 11
Joeykanga 11
Dodece 11
dgm6780 10
naznatips 10
nintendo_fanboy 10
tombi123 10
homelesscarl 10 (+)
Gebx 10
Rhonin the wizard 10
grandmaster192 10
Lost tears of Kain 10
valen2000 9 (-)
cebrian 9
tiachopvutru 8
johnsobas 9
Tispower 9
omgwtfbbq 9
kn 8
W29 8
fazz 7
twesterm 3 (-)

Eliminated:

1. RolStoppable

New rules: Add 1 point (+) to a person, deduct 1 point (-) from 2 different persons.

1x (+)
2x (-)

I think you can be a "fan/fanboy" AND appreciate the other guys. I do. I use the sports analogy. I can love my Maple Leafs but I always enjoy watching Pitsburgh play. There are bad fanboys and good fanboys. Being a fanboy on its own does not make you bad or not have logic. i.e. Pitsburgh. It's a case of good old rivalry. But it doesn't mean the Fanboy is a hater imo.

Dodece said:
You guys do realize the goal is to lose? This should be a crown that nobody wants. The faster you fall off the list the better. The ones that remain on the list the longest are fanboys that border on the realm of trolls. Congratulations Rol your a wonderful poster unbiased and professional in your posting. Your word should carry a lot of weight. Those bordering on twenty already should truly be ashamed. Damn I am shocked nobody has smacked me with a minus mark yet. Come on guys I am a decent unbiased poster. I just put my name on the list to prove that point. Ouch for me.

I really think the last one of the list should get a 1 week ban

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
gebx said:
Dodece said:

I really think the last one of the list should get a 1 week ban

That would be hilarious. Well at least you could say you won at something. I would take a week ban just to say I made it that far. That would be enough VGChartz fame to last a year.

Sorry about your loss Rol.

wow, i can't believe no one put me on here, not that i want to be... just surprised. i'm not necessarily a fanboy of a certain system, but there are certain franchises that i might blindly defend to the death, MGS and most Zelda games among them.

anyways-
kber81 (-)
lost tears of kain (-)
twestern (+)

RolStoppable said:
Astrodust said:
I think you can be a "fan" and appreciate the other guys. I do. I use the sports analogy. I can love my Maple Leafs but I always enjoy watching Pitsburgh play. There are bad fanboys and good fanboys. Being a fanboy on its own does not make you bad or not have logic. i.e. Pitsburgh. It's a case of good old rivalry. But it doesn't mean the Fanboy is a hater imo.

The problem is that when people talk about videogames and refer to someone as a fanboy, they mean someone who is blinded by his love to a certain console and hates on anything else. In the context of videogames a fanboy is a bad thing.

@homelesscarl

Yes, everything is correct. Good job.

I'd have to agree. There are some fanboys out there that have given the video game industry a bad name. We begin to associate the word fanboy with hate and forget that it doesn't need to be that way. The fanboy itself doesn't need to be a hater. I know lots of Nintendo fanboys that when you let them play a good 360 game they have a blast. They don't know these borders that others have erected for themselves. I can see a bunch of good fanboys on the list. And they are not afraid to say that they are fanboys.

vizunary said:
wow, i can't believe no one put me on here, not that i want to be... just surprised. i'm not necessarily a fanboy of a certain system, but there are certain franchises that i might blindly defend to the death, MGS and most Zelda games among them.

anyways-
kber81 (-)
lost tears of kain (-)
twestern (+)

No one is allowed to add another person to the list. They will shut down this thread if that happens. You can add yourself to the list though. Also if you are voting, copy update and paste. It makes things smoother.