By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge of Eternity. Screenshots and Artwork

^ You better be interested

Around the Network

Damnit, all this RPG news and not a single one of them is based on the Dark Tower books. Give me the ability to be a gunslinger damnit.

Really like the look of the game. Please Tri-Ace, make the animations in this game better than in IU and SO4.

^ Dont count on it....doll animations are a trademark of tri-Ace...not saying its not possible,but dont count on it

Xxain said:
^ Dont count on it....doll animations are a trademark of tri-Ace...not saying its not possible,but dont count on it

It's S-E's fault that previous Tri-Ace games had doll animations.  S-E decided they rather spend resources on FFXIII instead of using them to let Tri-Ace use motion capture.  I trust SEGA let give them the resouces though.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Xxain said:

It's S-E's fault that previous Tri-Ace games had doll animations.  S-E decided they rather spend resources on FFXIII instead of using them to let Tri-Ace use motion capture.  I trust SEGA let give them the resouces though.

No i mean seriously....tri-Ace does that on purpose... tri-Ace is a private owned company SE is just a publisher.

Xxain said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:

No i mean seriously....tri-Ace does that on purpose... tri-Ace is a private owned company SE is just a publisher.

I don't think it's Tri-Ace's choice that their games have doll animations.  There is no way they pay off all of their development costs for the games.

Riachu said:
Xxain said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:

I don't think it's Tri-Ace's choice that their games have doll animations.  There is no way they pay off all of their development costs for the games.

I'll explain...during SO3 there was a interviewwith Gotanda where he said that with transition to 3D he wanted that characters to have a "Action Figure" like appearance and that were the doll animations come from. It was Popular in Japan and with the tri-Ace fanbase that they made it a staple in their games. EDIT: and not to mention tri-Ace doesn't use motion capture, they would loosd the Action Figure look if they did

I can't wait for this game, looks great thus far.

Xxain said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:

I'll explain...during SO3 there was a interviewwith Gotanda where he said that with transition to 3D he wanted that characters to have a "Action Figure" like appearance and that were the doll animations come from. It was Popular in Japan and with the tri-Ace fanbase that they made it a staple in their games. EDIT: and not to mention tri-Ace doesn't use motion capture, they would loosd the Action Figure look if they did

Why is it that Japan can tolerate it and we can't?  Do we expect different things from the animations in our games?