By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GH and RB obsessed fans - the ultimate game

After so many versions of both games, 100's of songs, future instalments and the refining of the gameplay, I think we had enough!

So just please give us the ultimate game.  And this is what it should be:

Just a simple disc software where one can upload any song from an ipod or any other music storage device, that will recognize the different instruments, connect to the internet for the lyrics, and just come up with a game track to follow. Simple, easy, no more buying discs and DLC.

Where is the money for the developers? After the initail retail, none.  Yes, no more, you have milked the genre enough, move on.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Around the Network

In other words, Microsoft's Lips, but with other instruments.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I am not familiar with Lips, but if its the same, then it could be done.

venepe said:

After so many versions of both games, 100's of songs, future instalments and the refining of the gameplay, I think we had enough!

So just please give us the ultimate game.  And this is what it should be:

Just a simple disc software where one can upload any song from an ipod or any other music storage device, that will recognize the different instruments, connect to the internet for the lyrics, and just come up with a game track to follow. Simple, easy, no more buying discs and DLC.

Where is the money for the developers? After the initail retail, none.  Yes, no more, you have milked the genre enough, move on.

In the DLC that you are talking about getting rid of. 

I dont think you will ever see that feature in a RB or a GH.  There is too much money in DLC to just get rid of it.

My point is that they have milked the fans enough, both by stand alone discs and DLC. At this rate, the games are gonna get old fast, and then no money will be made.

Around the Network
venepe said:
My point is that they have milked the fans enough, both by stand alone discs and DLC. At this rate, the games are gonna get old fast, and then no money will be made.

No money would be made with your scenario either. There is one initial purchase, no sequel in sight, and all songs are free. Great business model. You should be running Midway.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Yep, they made enough money already, move on, develop something else, something new.

venepe said:
Yep, they made enough money already, move on, develop something else, something new.

The person that makes an algorithm that can successfully detect the main vocal line, main guitar track, bass track and decompose the drum to all its basic elements and does that in real time would be a fucking genius. I mean, you're asking to do a reverse midi and we're not close to get that with any random song.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
venepe said:

The person that makes an algorithm that can successfully detect the main vocal line, main guitar track, bass track and decompose the drum to all its basic elements and does that in real time would be a fucking genius. I mean, you're asking to do a reverse midi and we're not close to get that with any random song.

Do you really think a person that suggests two of the best business models this generation to be halted is going to realize that his main suggestion is basically impossible? Next thing we know, he'll be asking for Nintendo to give away the Wii because they've made enough money already.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I don't really think Rock Band is trying to milk you of your money. From what I heard they're offering more DLC and individual songs, allowing you to build your library with each game, and are coming up with less spinoffs (so far with the Beatles game being their first and only one).