By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The game swapping thread

So, you've bought your games and played through it. Now you no longer need it in your library and would rather have a game you have not played. You have an option to trade it in at game shops such as ebgames.

But... we all know they'd take your games in at dirt cheap price.

So, wouldn't it be nice to be able to swap your game 1 to 1?

I think this could be possible, we have a lot of gamers here and we can swap the games.

There are 2 ways to do it. The games are sent to the middle guy (mod?). Once the middle guy got both copies, s/he will send both of them out. That will guaranteer both sides will get their "new" game(s).

The ones trading will have to pay for shipping, of course.

The second way is to swap the games directly without middle guy. This could be done for the "trusted" members list.

What do you think? Will it work? 

Around the Network

it is interesting
but personnaly, I dont sell games
It get 2nd hand games, YES,
(I got Deus EX (PC) Front Mission 3(PS) just 2 weeks ago
but I dont sell games

Time to Work !

Very interesting idea, built on trust alone. I might be interested.

I use a couple of established game-swapping sites, and I've had good experiences with both.

gametz.com lets you list the games you want and the games you have available, then matches you with other users that you could trade with. The two of you then work out the details of the trade on your own.

goozex.com uses a more communal system, rather than matching people up for one-on-one trades. When you send a game to any other user, your account is credited a certain number of points, and you can then trade these points to any other user for any other game.

Both sites have reputation systems, so you know whether particular users can be trusted.