By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How about a Zelda:Four Swords Adventures port for the Wii/DS?

Ah yes, I'd SO love that! :)
Four Swords Adventures was absolutely awesome!
Though I can't really see it happening, considering the original GameCube effort didn't do so hot.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
trestres said:
Edited my previous post. ALttP is a Masterpiece, exactly what did you dislike? Four Swords is a light hearted, smaller and more boring ALttP.

That's why FSA isnt even considered a mainline game, but a small spin-off.

I'm guessing you only played it alone, or didn't really have a chance to go 3 or 4 player with some good natured friends; as far as I'm concerned, the single player mode was just put in there to appease, but there's no question that this game is its multiplayer mode.  It's not boring in the slightest if you experience it with others.

We're talking about completely different genres of gaming here comparing LttP with 4 Swords.  LttP with 4 players would be terrible.  4 Swords, likewise, isn't a great game by yourself.  I'd cite it as one of the most clever ventures in the history of the Zelda franchise.

Orca_Azure said:
just so long as you wouldn't need 4 DSs to play the game. I hated the gamecube's lame "use the GBA as a controller" concept. Made it hard to play otherwise solid games.

I'd agree perhaps if you were referring to Crystal Chronicles, which didn't really justify its need for GBA's, but 4 Swords would not even be the same game if the players didn't use handheld systems as controllers.  The entire multiplayer gameplay mechanic is built around the idea of having one shared screen but additional private screens so that you can split up in different situations.  That's what made it so ingenious; I'd love to see more local multiplayer games that take advantage of this idea.  I've been waiting for it since the Wii's launch, as the DS and Wii don't even need extra cables to hook up (and I'm not a Pokemon fan, so that arena game doesn't interest me). If only Nintendo had waited for this generation to push its "connectivity" idea; it would catch on much better without the extra cables requirements, etc.

On that note, where's my Pac Man Vs. WiiWare release with DS connectivity?

Taking out the handheld multiplayer renders the whole port pointless. After all, the easier / cheaper connectivity and bigger userbase of the DS is why I came up with this. Otherwise you could simply play the GC game on your Wii - but the need for 4 GBA's & GBA link cables will probably prevent you from playing it multiplayer.

And why compare it to ALttP and call FSA crappy? It's a wholly different concept, and from what I've heard & read, it's one of the best and most original cooperative multiplayer experiences ever.

Actually, I don't expect Nintendo to do the port. No chance. But I'd love it :)

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii)