By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tales of Vesperia vs Valkyria Chronicles

Which of these games do you think is better?  Tales of Vesperia or Valkyria Chronicles?

I have played Valkyria Chronicles, I own it, mostly because of these forums, but what about tales?  I have played some of the tales games before, and never really enjoyed them.  They were good but I wouldn't say they were great.

Anyway, I just wanted to know what people thought was a better game? TV or VC?

Around the Network

Tales is a good game but its a unoriginal and brings noting new to genre except maybe the beautiful cel-shaded graphics while Valkyria Chronicles is very original and it also has great story

I already did this thread.

Depends what the person prefers. SRPG or Traditional/Action-RPG.

VC...just simply because ToV is multiplat ;)

Around the Network

Tales of Vesperia felt like a kingdom hearts game. It was very magical and had very likeable and real charachters with emotion. It was fantastic.

Stupid thread is stupid. We already did this.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

SRPG vs traditional RPG... what's the point...

I haven't played Tales before, but I think that Valkyria was very original in terms of gameplay and was really refreshing in terms of story and setting. It still maintains its "Japanese-ness" but it doesn't repeat the same: save the world from an apocalypse, play a 13 year old boy that looks like a girl (and is always just confused at what's going on), and with a slightly different version of FFXII's combat system (which is just the ATB system with moving).

I'm sure that Tales is a great game, and I won't make any judgments on it until I play, but I'm confident that it doesn't beat Valkyria in terms of originality.

g-value said:
I already did this thread.

this

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler